Systems Administrator 5/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Advanced Technology Division performs research and development on component and subsystem-level technologies which can enable new approaches to DoD systems, and which advance the state-of-the-art for U.S. industry. Our expertise covers a wide front including biology, chemistry, computer science, device physics, integrated circuit design and fabrication, lithography, materials, nanofabrication, optics, optoelectronics, packaging, photonics, quantum information systems, and RF technology. We strive to understand DoD systems and develop technologies "which will make a difference." Job Description
The RF Technology Group is seeking a Systems Administrator to provide support services across a diverse, and dynamic environment within both unclassified, and classified networks. The candidate will have experience in the design of computer system solutions, including provisioning, configuration, and management of Windows, Windows Server, Mac OS, Linux, and a variety of hardware platforms. They will interface with vendors to spec, purchase, and maintain hardware, licensing, and warranty information for systems, hardware, and software. The candidate must be able to communicate with users, and leadership in problem assessment, troubleshooting, and apply appropriate technical skills or vendor methodologies to resolve issues successfully. The Systems Administrator will need to develop creative technical solutions to complex IT problems under general supervision, and must be comfortable working independently while reporting to the Division IT Manager. Candidates must also be comfortable providing direct desktop support to approximately 80 users as part of a larger IT team.
* Provide general user support for all staff members in Group 86, and assist in support across all groups within the Division.
* Procure needed computer systems, network hardware, software, etc.
* Install, configure, and manage Windows, Linux, Mac desktops, servers, as well as some network infrastructure devices. Install and maintain commercial software as needed.
* Patch software, and operating systems in compliance with best practices.
* Manage networks, file shares, virtual infrastructures, and some SAN/NAS environments.
* Remediate security vulnerabilities to maintain compliance with policies and procedures.
* Represent the group as a team member for inter-organizational interactions such as infrastructure, and security working groups.
* Documentation of IT procedures.
Desired Skills, and Experience
* Experience with provisioning, configuring, and administering Windows, Windows Server, and Mac OS, on a variety of hardware platforms.
* Experience with operating system imaging tools.
* Ability to diagnose, and resolve hardware, software, and networking problems.
* General experience with Red Hat/CentOS, and Ubuntu.
* General experience with VMware, including ESXi configuration, and Vcenter.
* General experience with collaboration tools such as Confluence, and Sharepoint.
* General systems administration experience dealing with Kerberos, DNS, DHCP, YUM, Active Directory, Group Policies, Bash/Powershell/Command Shell scripting.
* Management of file shares, and SAN/NAS environments.
* General knowledge of DoD IT security requirements, and procedures; RMF, DFARS, STIG
* Experience working directly with end-users in troubleshooting, and project support.
* Strong organizational skills, and the ability to clearly document complex operations.
For Benefits Information, click http://hrweb.mit.edu/benefits
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Requisition ID: [[id]]