Systems Administrator 9/18/2019
Aviation Systems Engineering Company
Lexington Park, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ASEC is looking for a Systems Administrator who is experienced and knowledgeable about IT technologies such as system administration, computer security, Web-based applications, ESXi, vSphere, SQL, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, VoIP, and Microsoft SharePoint to include software and network certification. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work with minimum supervision to provide information technology support to the US Navy and to apply their technical expertise to the implementation, monitoring and/or maintenance of company IT systems. This will include system administration; maintaining workstations, servers, and storage devices; penetration testing; network auditing; addressing trouble tickets; coordinating with external organizations; and the ability to identify new software/hardware solutions to increase productivity. Work will be on classified and unclassified networks.
Maintain system readiness through the implementation, administration, and management of DoD IAVAs, DoD IAVBs, MTOs, CTOs, Vulnerability Scanning and Remediation, NIST 800-171A, DISA STIGs, and other related DoD policies on all related systems.
Provide monitoring capabilities of user level centrally managed hardware, OS, and applications related to Windows based systems.
Manage and administer all aspects of user account management such as password, group, and privilege management for user access across entire WAN.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in an IT field. In lieu of a degree ,6-8 years of IT related experience.
* Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in UNIX and Microsoft.
* This position is subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at theSecret
Skills and Qualifications:
* Candidate must have strong IT skills with minimum of 6-8 years of experience in IT fields required.
* Ability to do system administration, maintain a network, and maintain a high level of system availability.
* Excellent diagnostic skills with demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems and then identify and implement solutions.
* Experience with IT in the classified environment.
* Strong team player able to thrive in a fast-moving environment with exceptional attention to detail.
* Experience with the DoD Information Assurance accreditation process is a plus.
* DoD 8570 Certification: IAT-II Certification or at least Security Plus certification..