Systems Design Engineer 5/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY OVERVIEW
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger and tinier than the world has ever seen.
Who are we* We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer*
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The RAPID division is the world leading provider of reticle inspection solutions for the semiconductor industry. The company provides inspection solutions to both the mask shops and the semiconductor fabs to ensure that lithography yields are consistently high thus enabling cost-effective manufacturing.
* Manage HW centric projects for advanced mask inspection systems with hands-on contribution as well as coordination across multiple disciplines and functional groups
* Actively participate in PLC to define and drive the execution of the technology development roadmap for mask inspection products
* Identify and lead areas requiring continuous improvement projects involving HW
* Execute end-of-life strategy working cross-organizationally with Operations, Service and Engineering teams
* Drive Systems/HW escalations from field teams through engagement with Service organization leveraging Engineering teams as necessary
* Communicate and work effectively with teams located globally, including marketing, engineering, manufacturing, service, field teams, and customers, to resolve product issues and support/enable revenue and profit realizations
* The ideal candidate should have minimum 5 years of experience in a HW or Systems engineering capacity. Experience in semiconductor capital equipment industry is a plus.
* Must understand/use Systems Engineering principles in product development, sustaining, and improvements. In addition, the candidate should have engineering expertise that is deep in at least one area and broad across other engineering disciplines.
* Must have strong leadership, effective communication and problem-solving skills. Need to be self-driven, organized, detail oriented, with a can-do attitude and a critical thinker.
Doctorate (Academic) with at least 3 years of experience.
Master's Level Degree with at least 6 years of experience.
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 8 years of experience.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Employee Training and Development