Systems Developer Administrator I 8/21/2020
American Fork, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY HENRY SCHEIN ONE DELIVERS CONNECTED DENTAL SOFTWARE AND SERVICES, COMBINED WITH EXPERT BUSINESS COACHING, TO HELP PRACTICES IMPROVE EVERY ASPECT OF PRACTICE MANAGEMENT AND GROW PROFITS. OUR PLATFORM FOR INTEGRATED APPLICATIONS LETS DENTAL TECHNOLOGY CONNECT, SHARE DATA AND AUTOMATE MORE TASKS, CREATING A NEW DIGITAL WORKFLOW THAT HELPS TEAMS WORK SMARTER AND MORE EFFICIENTLY. OUR ADVANCED INTEGRATION IMPROVES EACH STAGE OF THE PATIENT EXPERIENCE FROM FIRST CONTACT AND SCHEDULING, TO DELIVERY OF TREATMENT AND RECURRING CARE. HENRY SCHEIN ONE UNIFIES MARKET-LEADING SOFTWARE, WEB TOOLS, SUPPORT, AND PATIENT SERVICES INTO THE ONE PLATFORM THAT IS A STANDARD FOR CONNECTING ALL PRACTICE DENTAL TECHNOLOGY.
This position is responsible for performing basic system analysis and issue verification. Assists in the specification, coding, testing, beta, release and production support for assigned products. Monitors production systems before, during and after releases to ensure performance stability and reliability. Maintains communication channels between operations and development to facilitate cooperation between teams. Functions as a key member of the Development team for the assigned business unit and provides needed development support. Leverages a basic understanding of the business domain and existing frameworks for the success of development projects.
* Participate as part of a software development team in a collaborative manner
* Assists in creating and maintaining documentation on infrastructure, software, systems, and disaster recovery processes
* Assists in the development and deployment of solutions that follow established standards
* Participate in all meetings necessary for the seamless delivery of the products
* Maintain servers and systems as needed with security patches and updates that follow best practices
* Attend education and training sessions as approved and/or required
* Maintain awareness of business issues as they impact overall project plans
* Assists in monitoring of production applications 24/7/365
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 2 to 4 years of related professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
* Basic understanding of industry practices
* General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
* Basic planning/organizational skills and techniques
* Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Basic presentation and public speaking skills
* Basic interpersonal skills
* Developing professional credibility
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* IT knowledge and skills with Windows OS, computer hardware, servers, endpoints, peripherals, networking appliances, data backup systems, virtualized IT infrastructure, storage, MSP platforms, VM software, domain, security, LAN/WAN networking.
* Best practices for networking, security, process design, configuration, deployment, implementation of IT.
* Monitoring systems, network capacity, alerts, logging, events, and incidents.
* Working with management to achieve automation objectives, policy creation, and to address proposed business, product, and process improvements and changes.
* Best practices in developing and administering a specific systems or infrastructure
* Troubleshooting to resolve escalated infrastructure issues
* Ability to explain technical concepts in written and verbal forms
* Windows Server implementations
* Database server administration
* Basic understanding of applications that run inside a web application infrastructure
* Basic understanding of at least one applicable automation scripting language
* Ability to troubleshoot and engage third-party software groups
* Basic understanding of writing SQL scripts
* Basic understanding of at least one applicable object-oriented software language
* Understanding of management and administration of production infrastructure and systems including but not limited to storage, virtualization technologies, load balancing, and networking equipment
* Understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance
* Maintaining a level of proficiency necessary for competence in the position
FULL-TIME BENEFITS AVAILABLE:
* Earn generous PTO (Paid Time Off)
* Seven Company Paid holidays
* Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
* 401K with competitive company match
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, AD&D
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT HENRY SCHEIN, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT: WWW.HENRYSCHEIN.COM/CAREERS.