Systems Engineer 11/8/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
IDEMIA is the global leader in identity and security. Our mission is to create a safe and simple future where identity verification is indisputable, and only you can assert your identity. We are a distributed company leveraging the latest technologies to deliver world-class products in the private and public sectors of finance, telecom, identity, security, retail, sports entertainment, commercial, government, and IoT. We use a variety of technologies and approaches to deliver quality product and services to government agencies and technology companies. IDEMIA is a made up of a group of 14,000 diverse people from different nationalities, speaking over 20 different languages. Together, our solutions impact the everyday lives of citizens and nations. In this ever-changing world, protecting your identity is paramount. Join the team that is ensuring one person- one identity.
The Systems Engineer works as a member of the engineering operations team to ensure that services are performing and operating in accordance with defined service levels. This role has primary responsibility for operating and improving on-site and cloud solutions, as well as developing automated solutions for routine tasks. The Systems Engineer will work closely with the product, data, and development teams.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
* Manage and monitor all development and production systems and infrastructure
* Install, configure, and maintain operating systems, application software and system tools
* Ensure services maintain compliance with defined security standards (PCI, NIST, CJIS)
* Create and maintain custom scripts to increase solution efficiency and improve availability
* Troubleshoot and solve complex software, hardware, and service issues.
* Perform root causes analysis on escalation items.
* Perform peer review for solution changes, merge requests, and architecture enhancements
* Contribute to support tooling and process development.
* Interface with internal and external stakeholders.
* Participate in a weekly on-call rotation to ensure the highest levels of system availability
* Work with peers to assign, prioritize and complete daily tasks
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
* Minimal travel is required to acquire new skills and gain deeper knowledge of existing or new technologies. In addition to attending training and conferences, minimal travel may be required to facilitate team building engagements with remote teams.
* General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
* Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
* US Citizenship is required
* The ability to pass a State or Federal background check is required
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
* 5+ years installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX and Windows environments
* Demonstrated experience in the administration of application stacks (e.g. Tomcat, Postfix, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Active Directory, Microsoft SQL)
* 3+ years deploying and operating cloud solutions in AWS
* Experience operating virtualization and backup software (e.g. VMware, Docker, Veeam)
* Experience with automation software (e.g. Ansible, Git, Terraform, TeamCity, Jenkins)
* Experience scripting solutions (e.g. Powershell, Bash, Python)
* Experience with networking fundamentals (ACL, IPS, subnets, TCP/IP, VPNs, routing)
* Experience managing monitoring systems (e.g. PRTG, Nagios, VictorOps)
* Experience operating package management solutions (e.g. YUM, Artifactory, WSUS, SCCM)
* Hands-on experience in Incident and problem management
Must be United States citizen (dual citizenship may be allowed)
IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.