Systems Expert - Infrastructure
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/21/2019
END DATE 1/10/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Company
Markem-Imaje is a wholly owned subsidiary of the US-based Dover Corporation is a trusted world manufacturer of product identification and traceability solutions, offering a full line of reliable and innovative inkjet, thermal transfer, laser, and print and apply label systems.
Markem-Imaje provides global reach to over 50,000 customers with 30 subsidiaries, 6 technology centers, several equipment repair centers and manufacturing plants with the most comprehensive marking and coding portfolio available in the marketplace.
Are you a self-motivated, confident, and passionate by bringing our Information Technology to the next level?
In this role you'll be… working within the IT organization, managing the entire system (Virtual and Physical Servers, SAN, NAS, Backups, Active Directory…) infrastructure and supporting customers in order to maintain Business continuity and provide the best support to our internal clients.
You'll have an opportunity to… work in a high technical and Worldwide environment leveraging all the opportunities within M-I and Dover Group to be the best in class IT organization in the industry by contributing to the business aligned strategy to ensure business success.
You should possess… Technical expertise on a large technical scope but also strong processes(ITIL) and good communication skills with non-technical users.
Principal Activities / Duties / Responsibilities:
Administration of Systems:
* Maintain the operability of the ICT infrastructure on a day to day basis.
* Solve the issues which are in scope, document solutions to problems and record them in Altiris tool where appropriate.
* Contribute to the departmental goals, metrics and SLA's.
* Centralize infrastructure and functions in order to be able to better support our users, reduce the cost and lighten the workload in local countries.
* Plan systems upgrades and or replacements as required and in accordance with ICT policy and procedures.
* Create and or maintain accurate documentation for ICT infrastructure within functionally area within ICT.
* Ability to manage both Infrastructure Projects & Day-Day operation across Business Enterprise.
Support to customers:
* Ensure the effective and timely resolution of technical problems, keeping customers informed of the progress.
* Work with other ICT departments as necessary to resolve support issues and provide assistance with them.
* Win2008 migration
* Global Infrastructure Monitoring
Education and/or Experience Required:
* Bachelor or Master's degree in computer science or related field
* Minimum of 3 years as a system engineer in a multinational company
Technical Skills and knowledge required:
* Experience on Microsoft Windows based environments, networking technologies and computing (server deployment and management using centralized tools for example).
* Knowledge on virtualization package: VMware/ Mastering Network Management
Keene, New Hampshire is a small college-town where you'll find a charming downtown Main Street teeming with shops, restaurants and a retro movie theater. Employees also enjoy a great range of outdoor activities close by such as skiing and hiking.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law..