Systems Integration Engineer Sr (Linux HPC)- C 6/3/2020
Patrick Afb, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Systems Integration Engineer Sr (Linux HPC)- C
The most security-conscious organizations trust Telos Corporation to protect their vital IT assets. The reputation of our company rests on the quality of our solution and the integrity of our people. Explore what you can bring to our solutions in information assurance, secure networks, secure enterprise messaging, and identity management.
Be a part of the Telos culture and see what sets us apart! Telos offers an excellent compensation package with benefits that include generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and 401k. Our employees enjoy more than just a great work environment!
This position will be based at Patrick AFB.
* Provide advanced engineering support to existing HPC platforms with regard to system configuration upgrades.
* Consult with Information Security personnel regarding proposed technical solutions to ensure hardware and software components meet DoD and Air Force standards
* Perform complex Linux based issue resolutions, correlation and root cause analysis on recurring issues and analytics for trend analysis
* Perform Linux based proactive space and growth management, HA and scalability improvements and strategy, backup and recovery improvements and strategy, and clustering and replication improvements and strategy.
* Evaluate Linux based vendor submissions for compliance with customer s specifications on technical solutions. Evaluate service-level contracts for IT infrastructure such as server hardware or software licensing.
* Coordinate large-scale projects such as the movement of a data storage, physical-to-virtual (P2V) server conversions and Solaris migrations to RedHat
* Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, and access control lists to include network file systems.
* Manages RedHat 6.x/7.x System administration, performance tuning/monitoring, maintaining fault tolerance, account management for internal, lab environments and remote locations.
* Perform complex user account migrations of Network Information Service (NIS) and LDAP on RedHat 6.x/7.x.
* Build RedHat KickStart configurations and perform server installations with KickStart.
* Manage complex RedHat SELinux configurations and perform troubleshooting.
* Build, install and manage complex RedHat Satellite servers managing hundreds of clients.
* Interface with cross-functional teams and developers to support and resolve technical problems.
* Executes Windows/RHEL interoperability.
* Perform scripting with expertise in Shell, Korn and bash.
* Install, configure and manage cluster software such as the Adaptive Computing Moab scheduler and Torque resource managers.
* Assist users in compiling scientific modeling software and in resolving job scheduling conflicts or failures.
* Perform tasks required to comply with HPC needs and requirements.
* Provide emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule.
* Perform weekend support and be placed on swings shifts.
* Monitor, plan, and coordinate the distribution of client/server software and service packs via scheduled outages.
* Execute system backups and verification of data integrity with backup software and virtual environment/software. In addition, schedule and perform various areas of data restoral across all networks.
* Providing system administration support shall respond within 1 hour of initial notification during any critical on-call support.
* Perform cluster resource management with managers and task schedulers (i.e. Moab, MAUI, Torque, LL, Slurm, SGE etc.).
* Perform compiling scientific modeling software (i.e. WRF, MCNP, or other CFD programs) including MPI libraries (i.e. MPICH, MVAPICH, OpenMPI) utilizing PGI, Intel, or GNU compiler suites.
* Perform work with users in developing & troubleshooting runtime submit scripts for their parallel model runs.
* Provide feedback to users regarding runtime efficiency with the goal of increasing productivity through proper cluster utilization.
* Perform management of Beowulf- style Linux clusters with dedicated fabric interconnects in an Operational environment.
* Perform tasks utilizing tasks utilizing high performance file systems (i.e. Lustre, PANFS, GPFS or similar file systems).
* An active DoD TS/SCI Clearance is required or the ability to obtain. Preference will be given to those applicants with an active DoD TS/SCI Clearance.
* Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience (6 years).
* 5+ years of relevant experience is required; with a Master's Degree 3+ years is required.
* Experience in security operations/incident response concepts and implementation and vulnerability management
* Must have the following certifications:
* IAT Level 2
* Computer Environment Certification
* Following certifications and experience are desired but not required:
* Introduction to Parallel Computing, Slurm and Moab
* Using LC's Sierra Systems
* Sierra Systems Getting Started Workshop
* Using the Sequoia and Vulcan BG/Q Systems
* Linux Clusters Overview
* Message Passing Interface (MPI)
* Advanced MPI
* POSIX Threads Programming
* OpenMP, MOAB, MAUI
* Torque, LL, Slurm, SGE, Compilers for WRF, MCNP, or other CFD program
* MPI libraries (MPICH, MVAPICH, OpenMPI) utilizing PGI, Intel, or GNU compiler suites, and Beowulf style Linux clusters Lustre, PANFS, GPFS file systems
* Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels are required.
* A professional attitude regarding attention to detail and customer service and excellent organizational skills are required.
* A complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts.
* Working under only general direction, provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
* The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to access sensitive information, which requires US citizenship.
Telos maintains a drug-free workplace and will conduct drug testing on all applicants who have accepted an offer of employment.
Telos Corporation participates in the E-Verify program. Therefore, any employment with Telos will also be contingent upon confirmation from the Social Security Administration ( SSA ) and/or the Department of Homeland Security ( DHS ) of your authorization to work in the United States.
Telos offers an excellent compensation packages including salary commensurate with experience and benefits to meet your needs for today and the future.
Telos and its subsidiaries are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. Job Type
Patrick AFB, FL 32925 US (Primary)
Telos offers an excellent compensation packages including salary commensurate with experience and benefits to meet your needs for today and the future. Telos and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.