Tableau Architect 5/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Design. Disrupt. Repeat.
Be an agent of change on a team committed to achieving client-focused, mission-driven excellence. Steampunk is seeking a Tableau Architect who are technical, creative, hands-on experts with delivering innovative technology solutions. Ideal candidates will thrive working with clients in a consultative technical capacity and will have experience managing teams of technical personnel to build systems anchored around our core technologies offerings (Salesforce, Databricks, Google Cloud, Mulesoft, Tableau, etc). Responsibilities will include leadership of teams for the complete lifecycle of solution development and deployment, from hands-on proposal technical support to prototyping client implementations and complete production deployment. This individual will ensure effective end-to-end solution design, to include integration with other technologies and solutions, driving high client satisfaction with the final solutions.
Who We Are
Steampunk is the explosive collision of human-centered design and traditional government contracting. An employee-owned company with a startup mindset and time-tested approaches tailored for the federal government, we re passionate about creating solutions that are impactful, practical, scalable, and most importantly, that meet our clients ever-changing needs.
At Steampunk, we believe in disrupting the status quo and setting the pace in the ecosystem of government contractors, while repurposing tried-and-true methodologies. We believe in empowering our people to find creative solutions to intractable problems. We believe the best environment in which to grow and thrive is outside our comfort zone.
While good design makes for a good product, we believe human-centered design makes for an excellent one.
We also believe effective teams are powered by diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. To that end, Steampunk is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability status, and protected veteran status, amongst our ranks. Additionally, we participate in the E-Verify program.
Our people are the very core of what we do; their expertise and hunger for new and exciting challenges fuel our relentless pursuit of mission success. As part of our team of Punks, you ll test the status quo, explore new boundaries, and set the bar high for how government clients expect to engage with contractors.
Because we value our employees work/life balance (and believe those who work hard deserve to play hard), we offer a very competitive benefits package, including telework/flex scheduling, health/dental with orthodontics/vision insurance upon hire, paid time off with a sell-back benefit and carryover option, 11 Federal Holidays, 100% paid military leave, 100% 401(k) plan match upon hire, professional development/education reimbursement, all flexible spending accounts, and more.
We are looking for Seasoned Tableau Architect to work with our existing team of Data Scientists and Tableau Developers to develop Strategies and then deliver results. We are looking for a more than just a "Tableau Expert", but a technologist with excellent communication and customer service skills and a passion for data.
* Lead an agile Tableau development team to create new or update existing Tableau data visualization and reporting dashboards.
* Lead Programs or Projects for our Clients
* Create and Update Tableau dashboards using both Extracts and Live connections from both relational db tables/view and stored procedures, web services, and non-relational dbs.
* Work as SME to resolve and troubleshoot issues and provide estimates for all deliverables to Tableau Developer
* Design and optimize dashboards for the best possible load times
* Embed and integrate dashboards in existing web apps (using JS and other technologies).
* Customizing Tableau server configuration as needed.
* Who can work closely with the business analyst.
* Who can work closely with QA and UAT team and attend QA/UAT defect triage calls.
* Who can work closely with Performance Testing team to mitigate any performance issues discovered during Performance testing.
* Who can work closely with Database leads and DBAs to trouble shoot sql performance issues.
* Who can work closely with our Data Exploitation COE and Tableau COE
* Who wants to do something different......
* US Citizen Only
* 5+ years Tableau Desktop experience
* 5+ years of Tableau-specific delivery projects, creating and publishing dashboards and/or data sources
* 5+ years of experience developing and architecting Tableau solutions for enterprise customers
* Extensive Data Modeling and Data Solutioning experience
* 5+ years SQL/ETL experience
* Ability to hold a position of public trust with the US government.
* Demonstrated and understanding customer requirements and prioritize for maximum customer / user experience.
Demonstrated on-the-job experience as a big data architect/scientist
Demonstrated on-the-job experience manipulating structured and unstructured data for analysis
Demonstrated on-the-job experience constructing complex queries to analyze results using databases or in a data processing development environment
Demonstrated on-the-job experience aggregating results and/or compiling information for reporting from multiple datasets
Demonstrated on-the-job experience with software development
Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing and documenting custom algorithms in response to expanding requirements
Demonstrated experience working with software and data science teams to operationalize information
Demonstrated experience collaborating with staff, IT customers, and other technical and non-technical staff and contractors at all levels
Demonstrated experience translating product requirements into system solutions that take into account technical, schedule, cost, security, and policy constraints
Demonstrated experience working in an agile environment and leading agile projects
Demonstrated experience providing technical direction to project teams of developers and data scientists who build web-based dashboards and reports
Demonstrated experience working with data science tools technologies, particularly Python or SQL
Demonstrated experience with Solr, Elasticsearch, or similar tool
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business, or a scientific or technical discipline
Steampunk is a Change Agent in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an Employee owned company, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Steampunk participates in the E-Verify program.