TAFF Specialist - PTOC (REQ# 20-3455) 8/20/2020
Valiant Integrated Services
Fort Irwin, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Valiant is seeking Part Time On Call (PTOC) TAFF Specialists to work on the National Training Center Training Support Contract (NTCTSC) at the National Training Center (NTC) located at Fort Irwin, CA.
As a member of the Training Analysis Feedback Facility (TAFF), the TAFF Specialist monitors and inputs data and provides observations and input for analysis and trends formulation on the events that occur during simulated combat operations to provide a clear, common operating picture that enables Observer Controllers to see opportunities, shortfalls, and provide predictive assessments of the training unit's ability to complete the tactical task/mission.
* Operate workstations across the ABCS to create, consolidate, edit, print, and present products, as well as execute developed procedures for the collection, predictive assessments, and display of rotational training data
* Operate workstations across the ABCS to track tactical operations
* Prepare data into usable formats for AARs, THPs, and other output products as required
* May be required to act as a member of the Army Airspace Control, Graphic Support, G-2 Operations, Division Tactical Operations Center, OPFOR Cell, or to simulate the senior headquarters for the maneuver Battalion or Brigade
* Remain current in contemporary doctrine in all TAFF functional areas, to include TTPs, and the Warfighting Functions (movement and maneuver, intelligence, fires, sustainment, command and control, and protection)
* Must be knowledgeable in operations from CO/TM to BN/TF level and/or Brigade to Division level with enablers in full spectrum operations that include urban and rural environments
* Operate Audio Video systems and equipment in the execution of AARs
* Inspect and validate installation, association, and virtual representation of Multi-Integrated Laser Engagement System (MILES)
* Operate tactical and Range Communication System (RCS) radio systems in accordance with proper procedures and etiquette
* Work as an integrated team to provide input, support, and technical knowledge for new indoctrination programs and refresher training for peers
* Assist and communicate with DTOC, TAFFs, military and government representatives, or others as required
* Provide professional and courteous customer service
* Adhere to Post, Corporate, Site, Safety, Security and CBA guidance, standards, policies, and practices
* Work to a schedule that provides 24-hour rotational coverage to include shifts, weekends, holidays, and over time as required
* Perform all other duties as assigned
* Education: High School diploma or equivalent is required, Associate degree or higher in a related field is preferred
* Experience: Prior military service is preferred
* Specific Knowledge: Combat Training Center (CTC) experience, Advanced Officer or NCO Course, Battle Staff Course, or OC Academy graduate preferred
* Licenses/Certifications/Registrations, etc.: Must possess, or be able to obtain, and maintain a valid California driver's license, gain access and maintain post driving privileges, obtain a Common Access Card (CAC), obtain and maintain certifications and credentials on systems used to support the mission as required, and must possess, or be able to obtain, and maintain a favorable DoD clearance determination and meet other eligibility requirements for access to classified information
* Skills Required: Computer operations to include Microsoft Office, Windows Operating System, Command Post of the Future (CPOF), Combat Training Center-Objective Instrumentation System (CTC-OIS), and Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS-A), able to perform duties in order to meet requirements in accordance with a Statement of Work with minimal guidance and supervision
* Communication Skills: Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English, able to listen with comprehension to assist with and provide customer service and training, must have possess excellent verbal communication skills for interfacing with military and civilian personnel, high level of confidentiality and professionalism is required
* Physical/Mental Abilities Required: Ability to use good judgment and common sense when performing job functions, ability to work independently or as a team with minimal supervision, ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks at the same time under stressful conditions as well as adapt to an ever changing work environment, must be able to lift up to 50lbs
Office environment but will occasionally by required to be outdoors with exposure to desert environment that includes dust, desert pollen, wind, extreme heat and or cold associated with desert and natural conditions existing on Fort Irwin, off-road travel in company vehicles and/or military tactical vehicles may be required, travel may be required
The following terms are used to describe the percent of time spent performing the physical factors below: occasionally (1%-33%); frequently (34%-66%); continuously (67%-100%).
Common office equipment (to include computer, fax machine, shredder, copier, and multi-line telephone), motor vehicle, RCS
OTHER WORK-RELATED DUTIES AS MAY BE ASSIGNED
The foregoing statement of qualifications and representation of work performed is only by way of illustration of the experience and ability required for the position. The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive, all-inclusive list of job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. The duties, responsibilities, and requirements may change over time.
- Take reasonable care for the Health and Safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your actions or omissions.
- Conform to all Safety Instructions given by those with a higher responsibility for Health and Safety.
- Report all hazards, potential hazards or dangerous situations, including damaged or mislaid personal protective equipment to your Supervisor or Safety Representative.
- Report Environmental impacts, anything that results in a change to the Environment as a result of Valiant's activities, products or services.
- Participate in the achievement of Valiant's QHSE objectives and targets, both those at departmental and company level.
INTEGRITY - Honesty, Trust and Respect in every situation
EXCELLENCE - Performance, Effectiveness, Quality, and Safety in everything we do
INNOVATION - Embracing new ideas and best practice in every service that we provide
Valiant Integrated Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
NOTICE: Valiant Integrated Services NEVER asks job applicants to issue any payment or service fees to Valiant or its recruiters as part of our application process. Before providing any personal information to outside parties, verify that the job you are applying for appears on our Careers site.
* Operate workstations across the ABCS to create, consolidate, edit, print, and present products, as well as execute developed procedures for the collection, predictive assessments, and