Talent Acquisition Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/18/2019
END DATE 11/23/2019
Gordon Food Service
JOB DESCRIPTIONWelcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. Gordon Food Service At a Glance There's a seat at our table for you..
At Gordon Food Service, \\"Everyone Is Important\\"
It's one of the Core Values that makes our company strong. Our Human Resources professionals are here to ensure that we have both the tools and the culture in place to Maximize the performance of our people and ensure that they feel valued and recognized. Divisional HR teams work daily with the business to bring the \\"people perspective\\" into the discussion and also to Support our employees through their work life cycle, preserving the culture that makes us unique. In addition, HR teams in our Home Office provide the Strategy, processes, and programs that allow us to attract, develop, reward, and retain a workforce of over 19,000 people.
It's all about uniting talented people with opportunities where they can thrive!
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is the key organizational resource responsible for guiding hiring managers through the recruitment process. Their scope starts at point of hiring manager intake, and follows the process through posting the requisition, screening candidates, planning interviews, debriefing results, and facilitating the offer process, all while maintaining appropriate documentation in the applicant tracking system (iCIMS). The Talent Acquisition Specialist is also the Primary point of contact for employment candidates, and educates them about the job and about Gordon Food Service, and ensuring that the application and selection process is effective and efficient.
This position is part of a centralized model providing Talent Acquisition expertise to the Sales functional area within our home office (Grand Rapids, Michigan) and Sales divisional support throughout the United States. The Talent Acquisition team also includes resources dedicated to candidate sourcing/pipelining and candidate scheduling, and the Specialist will work closely with these groups to Maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
The position is located at the Gordon Food Service home office in greater Grand Rapids, Michigan. Some travel will be required to fully support the needs of the business.
* Manages the recruitment process for the Sales area, working with the hiring manager on new and replacement requisitions.
* Maintains ATS (applicant tracking system) to ensure compliance with company policies and government requirements
* Prepares offer letters and may present offer to candidate
* Manages workload using process metrics and KPIs including Time to Fill, Quality of Hire, Manager Feedback, Candidate Feedback, and others
Hiring Manager Guidance:
* Confirms specific needs/requirements and set expectations for difficulty of search
* Analyzes reports and uses relevant information to inform and influence leaders
* Counsels hiring manager on offer parameters
* Educates/trains internal customers on the recruiting and selection process
* Posts positions
* Works with Talent Sourcer on hard to fill positions.
* Provides input to social media campaigns or posts as needed
Evaluation & Selection:
* Creates interview guides and evaluation tools for hiring team
* Evaluates resumes and applicants, and screens candidates utilizing defined recruitment methods
* Conducts applicant screening interviews to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, salary requirements, and to provide information about Gordon Food Service (GFS) and positions
* Coordinates and schedules interviews and debriefs with interview teams
Does this look like you?
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience is preferred
* Previous experience in a staffing-specific role is required, with 1-5 years of relevant experience preferred
* Proficiency in one or more Applicant Tracking systems preferred (current technology is iCIMS)
* Proficiency in behavioral interviewing techniques is preferred
* Experience in desktop applications (Google tools, MS Office or equivalent), including spreadsheets, presentations, word processing tools, mail and calendars required
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at gfs.com/careers. Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. :
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words \\"Accommodation Request\\" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.