Teacher - Part Time - Family and Consumer Science -High School - Virtual 1/18/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Family and Consumer Science - INSPIRE THE FUTURE!
Fuel Education (FuelEd) is dedicated to providing flexible, personalized pre-K to 12th grade online learning solutions.
FuelEd is seeking a part-time contract teacher in the field of Family & Consumer Science. The ideal teacher is state certified in Pennsylvania, and is deemed highly-qualified. We work towards achieving student success in an online environment by using data-driven strategies to provide synchronous and asynchronous support which focuses on individual student needs.
Please include copies of the following documents with your application:
* current resume
* current teaching certificate
* copies of transcripts
AS A CONTRACT TEACHER, YOU WILL...
* Devote weekly hours to live synchronous sessions (hours are determined by state/client needs)
* Successfully complete training within two weeks of hiring
* Participate in monthly data analysis meetings
* Provide students with rich and targeted feedback
* Adhere to state specific requirements as specified by manager
* Complete additional trainings as required
* Learn curriculum of assigned course/s
* Adhere to state and client specific prescribed policies and procedures using appropriate asynchronous and synchronous tools
* Welcome students to course, communicate requirements, encourage participation, maintain synchronous office hours, monitor student pacing/progress through course
* Take ownership for student academic progress and show an active interest in student achievement
* Grade student work offering constructive feedback and maintain grade book
Get to know FuelEd!
* Learn more about FuelEd!
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students' individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12's learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child's learning.
* Candidates are required to be currently certified to teach high school in Pennsylvania with a Family & Consumer Science endorsement listed on their teaching license. They are also expected to have HQT status in their state and to maintain this certification for the duration of their employment. Reciprocity is not accepted.
* Minimum six (6) months of student teaching experience
* Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Experience in a customer service environment
* Strong written/verbal communication skills
* Experience with online teaching and supporting adults and children in the use of technology
* One of the following endorsements: ELL, ESL or ESOL
* Three (3) years of teaching experience
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.