Team Captain - Quality 6/5/2020
South Chesterfield, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our Story:
Dover Food Retail (DFR) is a leading manufacturer of Display Cases, Specialty Products, Refrigeration Systems, Power Systems and Comprehensive Services; and leading our industry by Innovating What's Next in glass doors and intelligent merchandising technologies that keep food safe under brands such as HillPhoenix and Anthony.
DFR is part of the Refrigeration and Food Equipment segment of the Dover Corporation(R) (NYSE: DOV). Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues in excess of $7 billion.
DFR is built on creativity and customer-centric innovation delivered by people invigorated by a strong sense of responsibility to help our customers win in their marketplaces. The relationships we build with our customers are as important to our success as the products we manufacture. This collaborative environment delivers FRESH THINKING, reassuring our customers that they choose the best when they choose to work with the people of Dover Food Retail.
Job Title: Team Captain - Quality
Location: Richmond, VA
What we are looking for:
The Team Captain - Quality provides leadership and technical direction to a team of hourly inspection associates, ensuring that team members are working safely and productively, and meeting defined production, and quality metrics. Team Captains lead by example, act proactively to ensure smooth team operations, and ensure effective collaboration within the team.
* Partners with department supervisors and managers to establish and communicate performance expectations to assigned team members.
* Directs daily activities in the work area to ensure daily production goals are met.
* Serves as a technical resource in all areas; proficient in quality tasks.
* Identifies non-conformances and communicates with operations and engineering as required to address deficiencies.
* Ensures team members receive required task training as appropriate.
* Ensures team members work safely and wear required PPE; develops, promotes, and maintains a safe work environment.
* Monitors team performance and reports on established metrics.
* Ensures thorough handover between shifts for assigned areas.
* Identifies parts and part descriptions using work order information
* Ensures timely and consistent communication with department supervisors/managers regarding employee attendance, performance, time-off requests, issues requiring disciplinary action, accident investigations, etc.
* Understands company policies and engages appropriate resources (HR, Safety, etc.) to handle issues that arise.
Minimum Quantifiable Competencies:
* High School Diploma or GED
* Minimum two (2) years of experience in a quality control/assurance role or other position that requires evaluating product quality against a defined set of specifications
* Able to read and comprehend wiring diagrams, blueprints, parts/component/assembly drawings
* ASQ Certified Quality Tech/Inspector or other recognized Quality standard (ex: ISO, UL, NSF)
* Associates degree and/or certification in technical field
* Demonstrated proficiency using precision measurement equipment (i.e. calipers, protractors, micrometers, etc.)
* Three (3) years' experience in a leadership role
* Demonstrated ability to operate and prioritize in a fast-paced, changing environment
* Effective communicator; able to communicate verbally and in written format with both front-line and department leadership
* Demonstrates initiative; proactively looks for ways to address and get ahead of issues
* Demonstrated track record of driving continuous improvement in assigned areas of responsibility.
Strengths needed for this role: (Functional Skills)
* Customer Focus
* Manages Complexity
* Decision Quality
* Action Oriented
* Directs Work
* Plans and Aligns
* Optimizes Work Processes
* Ensures Accountability
* Drives Results
* Interpersonal Savvy
* Communicates Effectively
* Drives Engagement
Essential Physical/Environmental Requirements
* Must be able to operate power and hand tools and perform tasks that require fine motor skills.
* May be required to perform specific tasks that involve standing, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting or kneeling.
* Must be able to lift with or without mechanical aids on a recurring basis (up to 50 lbs).
* Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Dover Food Retail is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law..