Team Lead / ETL - SSIS Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/12/2019
END DATE 2/4/2020
National General Insurance Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION: Team Lead / ETL - SSIS Developer
LOCATION: Chicago, IL (downtown)
SPONSORSHIP: CANDIDATES MUST POSSESS AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES, AS IT IS NOT OUR PRACTICE TO SPONSOR INDIVIDUALS FOR WORK VISAS
This position is a lead position and will direct and evaluate the work of database developers within the team. This position is also responsible to serve as a high-level technical expert in the designing, coding, testing, supporting and debugging of new software or significant enhancement to existing software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Lead a database development team
* Provide input guidance on the design and implementation of data solutions for their particular development team
* Review and evaluate the performance of the development team and of the individuals on the team
* Remain accountable for project deliverables, schedules and quality
* Serve an interface with IT and business partners on data warehouse development projects
* Create, maintain, and optimize stored procedures, functions, inline SQL, database structures, and ETL processes to adapt to changes in needs and requirements
* Review test results with business, complete final program documentation, and obtain approval for changes
* Analyze and document how the business requirements fit into existing system
* Work with IT management team on project priorities and deliverable timelines
* Analyze issues independently, use judgement to make decisions, and take necessary action
* Provide on call support and provide direction to other on call resources
MINIMUM SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
* 7+ years of experience with Structured Query Language
* Expert knowledge in database programming/querying languages
* Experience with ETL processes and Microsoft data services such as SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
* Knowledge of all phases of Software Development Life cycle
* Ability to understand the business issues surrounding each project
* Ability to serve as team lead and evaluate the work of developers on the team
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
* Demonstrates attention to detail, organization, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations
* Demonstrates effective problem solving skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Good time management skills
* Prior experience as a supervisor
* Prior experience with other relational databases
* Experience working in the insurance industry
* Understanding of data modeling and database design
#LI-PJ1 Job posting ID: 009926
ABOUT NATIONAL GENERAL HOLDINGS:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Apply Apply Not ready to Apply*
Additional Benefits• Paid Training
• Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
• Wellness Programs
• Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401k w/ Company Match
• Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
• Employee Discount Program
• Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
• On-site Healthcare Clinic
• On-site Fitness Center
• Subsidized parking