Team Lead 2nd shift 8/20/2020
Cornerstone Building Brands
Lithia Springs, GA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Apply Now
TEAM LEAD 2ND SHIFT
Lithia Springs, GA, USA Req #2722
Wednesday, August 19, 2020
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Oversees manufacturing activities for one or more plant lines or areas. Directs, advises and trains manufacturing team members in accordance with established manufacturing policies to ensure production demands are met. Ensures all activities are focused on safety, quality and efficient production.
1. Complies with and enforces all company safety policies to ensure accident free facility, which includes, but is not limited to, assisting in identifying and correcting machine and work area safety issues, as well as conducting accident investigations as required.
2. Provides direction to all production team members to ensure all key metrics are met accurately and in a timely manner.
3. Monitor line staffing, and recommend plans to adjust staffing levels daily, to achieve established goals for each line of responsibility to ensure production levels are met while controlling manpower costs.
4. Performs routine line checks several times daily to ensure efficiency and to check on progress of machine, production and personnel.
5. Sustain manufacturing methods, such as 5S, PQCDSM, Problem Solving, Visual Management, Line Organization and KPI s (Key Production Indicators). Ensure compliance with TQC process and other quality measures.
6. Ensure, through the Company s On-Boarding and Peer Mentoring programs, that associates are adequately trained to perform their jobs and properly mentored/trained in proper procedures and compliance.
7. Ensures all components and paperwork for next schedule are ready.
8. Interacts with other shift Team Leaders, Supervisors, Quality Assurance, Production Staff and Warehouse operations to achieve smooth production runs.
9. Works closely with maintenance personnel to ensure all equipment is running at optimal levels for expected output and product quality.
10. Performs other related duties as required.
* Team Building
* Building Strategic Working Relationships
* Strategic Decision making
* Drive for results
* Customer Focus
* Facilitating Change
* Align Performance for Success
* Leading Through Vision and Values
* Identifying and Developing Talent
* Technical Knowledge and Skills
* Mathematics (general and applied knowledge)
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Knowledge: Communication: Demonstrated oral and written communication skills combined with the ability to coach, train, and mentor all levels of associate. Read and understand instructions, safety expectations, etc. Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar, using all parts of speech. Speak with poise, voice control and confidence using correct English and well-modulated voice.
Leadership: Ability to develop and play a team member role with other plant members. Flexibility to work overtime and weekends, as well as off shift as required.
Mathematics: Deal with system of real numbers; algebraic solution of equations; and probability and statistical inference. Apply fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion.
Other: Familiar with MS Office
Mental/Physical/Visual Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential function of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to stand. The associate is required to walk: reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; turning or twisting; pushing; and talk or hear
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the average plant temperature conditions range from 60 in the cooler months and up to 110 during the warmer months. All work stations on the plant floor require the use of protective eyewear and hearing protection. Some work stations require additional safety equipment to include but not limited to; gloves, aprons and arm guards.
Safety: Safe work performance is required from each Associate at all times. Perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe manner in accordance with applicable Health and Safety Manuals. Required to wear or use personal protective equipment as applicable and to immediately report unsafe working conditions.
Comply with all legislative requirements as outlined by Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VETERANS/DISABLED
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.
* Job Family Manufacturing
* Pay Type Hourly
* Travel Required No