Tech 3, Bakery- Maintenance 1 9/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery , Otis Spunkmeyer , and Oakrun Farm Bakery . We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Responsible for the proper functioning and maintenance of production equipment.
* Is available to assist shift production supervisors in the event of equipment malfunctions, electrical or mechanical.
* Communicates issues to shift production supervisors about potential and real equipment issues in such a way that breakdowns or disruptions can be avoided.
* Troubleshoots equipment or area issues promptly and is part of the solution and remedy.
* Follows guidelines for preventative maintenance of production or mechanical equipment.
* Effectively completes work orders that are assigned in a timely manner.
* Properly documents work performed on logs, reports, and/or worksheets.
* Maintains maintenance tools in good working condition and stores them properly when not in use.
* Maintains work area in safe and clean manner.
* Performs special projects as assigned.
* Follows rules and regulations to ensure food safety, quality, and legality.
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* English literacy, elementary level; strong mechanical and electrical aptitude; strong trouble shooting aptitude
* 2-3 YRS mechanic experience in food manufacturing plant, electrical exp, preferred
* GMP/HACCP Certification (in-house), sit-down & stand-up forklift certified, boom/scissor lift certified
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed required to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather), and to rapid changes in temperature. The employee must be able to tolerate a work environment that contains flour dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can get loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This position requires employee to have adequate communicating and observational skills, including seeing, speaking and hearing, due to the operation of various types of moving equipment used in the bakery. These requirements are for the safety of the employee and co-workers. These requirements are also necessary for collecting and distributing information to staff, and communicating with co-workers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and color vision.
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.