Technical Communications Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2019
END DATE 12/24/2019
Ann Arbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY OVERVIEW
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger and tinier than the world has ever seen.
Who are we* We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer*
The Corporate Communications team (technical communications, brand, public relations, social media, web and advertising) reports to the Chief Strategy Officer.
The Technical Communications team works side-by-side with product marketing groups across the company, guiding, coaching and leading them to develop effective technical communications, focused on the value of KLA s products and portfolio solutions to our customers. We use our technical background, writing and presentation skills every day. We draw upon our ability to think critically and strategically, ability to work with individuals and groups, and our highly organized, detail-oriented nature.
As a Technical Communications Intern, you will work closely with the Corporate Communications team working on developing effective technical communications for KLA. The internship will include activities from the list below.
* Developing text and graphical content for web banners and product posters
* Working with the team to draft, review and edit technical papers, technical marketing articles, product literature and product brochures
* Drafting social media posts in support of technical and other campaigns
* Creating scripts for product or company promotional videos
* Collaborating on visually powerful slides that convey product and solution messages simply and cleanly for a variety of external audiences
* Participating in activities and events to promote KLA in Michigan
* Pursuing a BS in physics, chemistry or related science or engineering disciplines with a passion for different forms of communication
* Pursuing a BA in a communication field with a passion for science and technology
* Experienced writer of technical papers or other types of written form
* Experience with social media, video and other kinds of visual media
* Quick learner, with a blend of creativity and technical insight
* Semiconductor industry knowledge is helpful, but not required
* Pursuing a BS or BA
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English
* Enjoys writing and editing technical papers and marketing collateral
* Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
* Organized and skilled at managing multiple concurrent projects to deadline
* Team-oriented, self-motivated
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Employee Training and Development