Technical Program Manager, Platform Strategy and Operations 6/6/2020
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY DESCRIPTION
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN DROPBOX CAREERS. WE ARE ACTIVELY HIRING FOR THIS POSITION AND LOOK FORWARD TO REVIEWING YOUR APPLICATION. DROPBOX IS CONTINUING TO MONITOR THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC AS THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF OUR COMMUNITY, EMPLOYEES AND CANDIDATES REMAIN OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY. WE APPRECIATE YOUR FLEXIBILITY AS WE ADAPT OUR HIRING PROCESSES DURING THIS EVOLVING SITUATION.
Dropbox is the world s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Tech Operations team scales security and reliability for our fast growing user base. This includes managing our network, hardware, and data centers, as well as creating the layer from which all Dropbox experiences are built. As our user base and product family continues to grow, tech operations is responsible for strengthening our foundation.
As a Technical Program Manager at Dropbox you are responsible for making sure that engineering teams achieve success when aiming to complete ambitious projects. You ll be responsible for the execution of strategic and impactful projects and initiatives across the Platform organization to help us meet our goals. We re looking for a candidate with experience running cross-team projects and programs, expertise in partner management, and the ability to quickly and creatively tackle problems and unblock teams. You ll need to be able to engage deeply with engineering management to understand and present tradeoffs needed to deliver commitments against a firm deadline. We're looking for a self starter who will thrive in an often-times ambiguous environment and isn t afraid of a challenge.
* Act as the point of contact and interface to engineering teams and business partners for strategic initiatives and feature development.
* Conduct project planning, strategic alignment, and drive decision making across multiple teams.
* Identify areas of improvement and design repeatable processes to help teams work efficiently.
* Have a balance of people, organizational, and technical skills to deliver and guide decision making without authority.
* Provide ongoing visibility into the progress, risks, and timelines of projects against targeted deadlines.
* Build clear and transparent communication channels to align internal stakeholders and ensure that relevant audiences receive accurate updates on programs and projects.
* Collaborate with peers to design and implement standardized processes that help ensure consistency across the organization.
* 7-10 years experience as a technical program manager in an engineering organization.
* Experience driving diverse or company-wide programs.
* Demonstrated ability and experience to influence, develop productive working relationships, and lead technical teams and key stakeholders from different business functions.
* A diverse technical acumen actively contribute to technical discussions, proactively identify challenges and risks, working closely with engineers and product manager on addressing challenges, and form mitigation plans.
* You enjoy working on ambiguous problems and teasing out trade offs.
* You have the ability to communicate complex plans effectively.
* You are able to bring order to a complex situation with various stakeholders approaching a strategic problem in different ways.
* Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills. Effective problem-solving skills.
* Exercise technical judgment to keep goals for programs, projects and products attainable within a given timeline.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
* 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
* 401k + company match
* Market competitive total compensation package
* Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
* Wellness Reimbursement
* Generous vacation policy
* 10 company paid holidays
* Volunteer time off
* Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).