Technical Program Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/4/2020
END DATE 9/18/2020
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT NOKIA:
At Nokia we create the technology to connect the world. Developing and delivering the industry's only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, Nokia is leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries.
ABOUT NOKIA IT:
At Nokia IT, we envision to materially improve Nokia s business performance and enhance the ways in which our customers and employees engage and collaborate. We have the ambition to deliver an extraordinary customer/user experience and strong financial and operating performance to Nokia shareholders. To reach this ambition, we are transforming into a modern, product-oriented technology organization that executes with urgency, precision and an extreme customer service focus.
ABOUT NOKIA IT ENTERPRISE APPLICATIONS:
* Provision of end-to-end IT services to Business Groups and Corporate Functions.
* Leading the relationship, project and service delivery, portfolio management, technology roadmaps across multiple Business Groups and Corporate Functions
* Delivery of projects and services to business counterparts and coordination across IT to facilitate delivery within their domain
* Provision of an accountable face of IT towards business (through the role of Business Partners in Business Applications)
Job Title: Technical Program Manager
The Technical Program Manager will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. Interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups spanning all organizational levels.
Lead cross-functional teams and manage multiple simultaneous projects with competing priorities simultaneously.
* Manage cross-functional infrastructure software engineering programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas.
* Provide technical and functional guidance on migrating On-Premises Legacy application to Cloud.
* Collaborate and Interact with Tier 1 Cloud Vendors Services Organization to facilitate the above.
* Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
* Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
* Perform risk management and change management on projects.
* Work with various teams on data integration projects, bringing in data from multiple internal and external data sources.
* Interface with engineering managers and engineers to estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources.
* Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to management and project stakeholders.
* Provide day-to-day coordination, execution and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
* Lead efforts to communicate schedules, priorities, and status to all levels in the company.
* Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
* Interface with Engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope.
* Help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale systems and some experience writing code/queries.
* Bachelor s degree or engineering degree in Telecommunications/Information Technology / Computer Science or equivalent
* 5+ yrs of SaaS based software engineering, systems engineering, program/product management, or similar experience.
* 3+ yrs experience in running projects in Salesforce Cloud
* PMP Certification will be a plus
* Scrum Master Certification will be a plus
* Experience in backend reliability, efficiency, quality and/or performance work.
* Communication skills and experience working with technical management teams.
* Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking experience to get things done in a fast paced environment.
IMAGINE CREATING TECHNOLOGY THAT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO CHANGE THE WORLD. WORKING WITH US, YOU WILL HAVE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON PEOPLE S LIVES AND HELP TO OVERCOME SOME OF THE WORLD S MOST PRESSING CHALLENGES. WE ACT INCLUSIVELY AND RESPECT THE UNIQUENESS OF PEOPLE. NOKIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. AT NOKIA, EMPLOYMENT DECISIONS ARE MADE REGARDLESS OF SEX, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, RACE, ETHNIC ORIGIN, COLOR, CREED, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, AGE, MARITAL STATUS, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, GENETIC INFORMATION OR ANCESTRY, PROTECTED VETERAN OR MILITARY STATUS, OR OTHER CHARACTERISTICS PROTECTED BY LAW. NOKIA CULTURE WELCOMES PEOPLE AS THEIR TRUE SELVES..