Technical Program Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2020
END DATE 9/23/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Synopsys, we re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we re powering it all with the world s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Our Software Security and Quality business is all about building secure software faster. That starts with our static analysis, software composition analysis, and dynamic analysis so our customers can build security and quality into the DNA of their code at any stage of the software development lifecycle and across the supply chain. All while minimizing risks and maximizing speed of application development. To find out more about SIG, Synopsys check outhttps://www.synopsys.com/software-integrity.html.
Technical Program Manager SaaS Platform
As the delivery manager for SaaS Platform engineering, you will be joining the team that is building our state of art SaaS Platform that enables security and development teams to build secure, high-quality software faster.
You would own delivery function and ensure R&D delivery success by leveraging the appropriate Agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban/SAFe etc.) to enable predictable, quality delivery while maintaining a focus on the continuous improvement of the program. You will ensure that all work streams are well coordinated in alignment with product strategy and roadmap. You will use your Agile background to maximize business value through effective project delivery collaborating across global teams including R&D, product management and support. You will optimize productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the program s goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to change
Specific responsibilities include
* Owns cross team planning, collaboration, and coordination ensuring that geographically distributed teams are well-aligned for delivery
* Responsible for definition, implementation and scaling of agile & DevOps processes consistently across geographically spread teams
* Responsible for definition and implementation of metrics to measure dev velocity, quality and supportability, and drive measurable improvements
* Anticipate and manage risks identifying upstream/downstream dependencies, gaps in resourcing, schedule; publish a risk register, proactively communicate risks/issues in a timely manner apply mitigation strategies pro-actively
* Build information radiators to bring transparency and visibility between all R&D teams and stakeholders
* Work with the agile delivery teams & product managers on backlog management ensuring that highest value work is top priority
* Drive a culture of collaboration, empowerment, quality, continuous improvement and data-driven decision-making
* Promote Agile values, principles and practices, leverage lean thinking in building processes and metrics
* Facilitate collaboration on a daily basis to remove impediments and reduce risk
* 10+ years of experience in delivery management of commercial product software
* 5+ years of hands-on experience in implementing and growing agile and Scaled Agile (SAFe) for large global software engineering teams
* Expertise and experience in working with Jira/Atlassian (or other such) tools
* Experience with the implementation of cloud software managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-disciplinary teams
* Excellent facilitation, conflict mediation, and situational awareness skills
* Curious with an appetite for learning and supporting teams spanning a wide array of technologies and practices
* Excellent communication, written and verbal
* SAFe certified or other scaled agile frameworks
* Technical background with experience of software development / design / testing
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.