Technical Services Specialist II 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbotts Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of Technical Services Specialist II is within our ARDX Informatics located at Charlottesville, VA. This role will be responsible for addressing customer calls and emails of complex nature, relating to product inquiries, opinions/suggestions and complaints concerning a wide range of the company's products and/or product families, under the oversight of area management, using professional concepts, technical knowledge, and companys strategies, tactics, and policies and procedures formulated in association with management, with the objective of satisfactorily addressing the customer's inquiry or complaint.
* Field customer calls and emails and apply troubleshooting skills to assist customers with appropriate responses to product inquiries, opinions/suggestions, and complaints, using strategies and tactics formulated by management.
* Document cases in complaint handling system, using guidelines to ensure comprehensive and quality documentation. Accuracy and readability of written work, complaint and CAPA records including customer communications, study plans, protocols and reports
* Track and manage open cases and follow up with customers in a timely manner.
* Able to assess a customer complaint for Medical Device Reporting requirements. Identify and escalate cases with potential regulatory actions. Advise management of significant product issues and unresolved customer issues.
* Working knowledge of complaint handling and CAPA process in the context of ISO13485, the US Code of Federal Regulations, and territory-specific regulations
* Multi-task effectively to handle multiple priorities on daily basis. Use time management skills to be productive and deliver positive, concrete results. Adapt to change readily.
* Interface with manufacturers' product support investigative teams, vendors and field service providers re: case investigations and on-site service calls, acting to ensure appropriate and timely responses.
* Interface with various internal groups (Engineering, Operations, Quality Assurance, Regulatory, field personnel, marketing) concerning product and customer service issues.
* Participate in training of others.
* Serve as resource for other specialists in addressing customer issues based on experience and knowledge.
* May be assigned to evaluate call documentation for certain product and/or product issue, based on knowledge and performance.
* Facilitate implementation of new and/or standardized processes and programs.
* Apply working knowledge of diagnostics on product and technical level.
* Apply working knowledge of systems with software and hardware components in order to support products and services, as assigned.
* Exercise appropriate judgment in addressing issues and making recommendations.
* Interact with customers and peers. Demonstrate strong service orientation and focus, using skills in customer service methods and techniques. Communicate effectively, professionally and respectfully. Build productive working relationships internally and externally.
* Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation and effectiveness of ARDx Quality Management System.
* Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the companys policies and practices.
* Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job. Has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing and testing activities.
* Perform other duties & projects as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
* BS/BA Required and/or 5 years of related IT/Quality/customer support experience
* Advanced degree preferred including five years related experience in customer support.
* Working knowledge of diagnostic industry on a clinical and technical level including knowledge of federal regulations related to clinical testing, diagnostics and medical device industry, e.g. FDA, ISO 9001, ISO 13485.
* Working knowledge of systems with software and hardware components.
* Excellent troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to work on issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
* Display initiative in performing responsibilities and accomplishing goals.
* Exercises judgment using procedural guidelines and practices to determine appropriate actions and results.
* Strong service orientation and focus, experience in customer service methods and techniques.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to convey appropriate information with clarity and effectiveness.
* Demonstrated skills in carrying out responsibilities and goals with some direction in an accurate, dependable manner.
* Collaborate effectively, multi-task, deal with change, and deliver concrete and positive results.
* Excellent computer skills including MS Office
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, ABBOTT WELCOMES AND ENCOURAGES DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKFORCE.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.