Technical Writer - Mid Level
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/3/2019
END DATE 2/6/2020
Fort Meade, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONReady to put your writing and editing skills to work on complex, urban construction projects? Parsons is now hiring a Lead Technical Writer/Editor with a desire to work on various writing projects that enhance the fabric of our community.
The Technical Writer will be responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project's hardware and software to include installation, configuration, and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
* Understand basic concepts for writing technical copy for various types of documents
* Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals, and technical publications
* Gather technical information prepares written text
* Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
* Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
* Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
* Work with develops to produce quality documentation and training materials
* Coordinate layout and design of documents
* Work on all phases of documentation
* Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer-related information
* Research highly technical subject matter, organize information from multiple sources and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
* Apply technical manual standard (NSA DS-89) to work products
* Active U.S. Government Security Clearance w/ Poly
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, English/Journalism, or related field (or equivalent)
* 8+ years of related work experience, including at least 5 years of experience of proofreading and editing all facets of technical engineering publications, specifications, and proposals from rough draft through print ready
* Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated proficiency in keyboard skills and a working knowledge of MS Windows and related software including Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe InDesign.
* Accuracy, attention to detail, consistency, and clarity in conformance with required formats and standards.
* Thorough knowledge of production scheduling and related processes.
Must be eligible to obtain and maintain, or currently possess Top Secret SCI Poly clearance.
Ready for action? We re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.