Technician Construction Quality Control / Assurance, Earthwork and Construction
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/3/2019
END DATE 12/4/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a new career opportunity? A place where you can work with industry recognized professionals solving some of the nation's toughest environmental problems? Our operations in Mobile, Alabama are expanding. If you are NICET Level I or II certified in soils, Geosyntec may be the place for you!
As a Technician in our geo-environmental practice, you will serve as an integral part of our team helping to make sure our projects are completed safely and successfully. Candidates should have a superior technical understanding and experience with construction quality assurance for various earthwork and utility construction projects, and experience with basic soils laboratory and field testing procedures. Candidates should be able to develop and follow soil sampling programs including identifying soils based on the Unified Soil Classification System (USCS), execute field density and moisture testing, compaction, fill placement, soil structure, and recording data and reporting associated with fill placement.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the Technician position include:
* As part of a multi-person team, conduct and assist with Construction Quality Assurance on a long-term, complex earthwork and geosynthetics installation project;
* Perform soils and geosynthetics testing and inspections within the requirements of the project's construction quality control and assurance programs;
* Monitor activities on job sites to ensure compliance with relevant contract documents (e.g., technical specifications, construction drawings, sampling plans, CQA plans, etc.);
* Provide monitoring of multiple active construction areas;
* Prepare daily field reports, weekly field reports, and progress reports;
* Collect and review data, including soils testing and geosynthetics installation data and daily reports;
* Ensure project documentation is correct and consistent with company policy & procedures;
* Maintain project files and database in organized and structured manner to facilitate future reporting and certification;
* Interact with project personnel (contractors, project managers, engineers, and clients) and assist in cultivating an integrated team approach through open lines of communications and participation in daily work activities; and
* Observe and abide by the policies and procedures outlined in the site-specific project health and safety plans and the company's Health and Safety Management policies and procedures.
You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec's culture, as you expand your career. Here are some other things you should know about a typical Site Manager position with Geosyntec:
* Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, radiation safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm.
* Fieldwork: Up to 100 %
* Overnight travel: Up to 10%
* NICET Level I (soil), NICET Level II (soil) Certifications. (preferred)
* Geosynthetic Institute, Geosynthetics Inspector program certification. (preferred))
* Relocation to the greater Mobile, Alabama area within six (6) months of hire for regular last-minute and/or time-sensitive on-site project needs for this position. (required)
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of two (2) years of applicable experience. (required)
* Associate's degree or equivalent from a two-year college and a minimum of one (1) year of applicable experience; or Bachelor's degree in science, construction management, engineering, physical science, environmental science, or related subjects and a minimum of one (1) year of applicable experience. (preferred)
* Experience with Windows based software applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, etc.). (required)
* Excellent writing skills and detail orientation. (required)
* Ability to lift and/or move up to 49 pounds unaided and 50-100 pounds with assistance and/or proper engineering controls. (required)
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, be self-motivated, and possess a strong work ethic. (required)
* A valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)
* Ability to undertake and pass periodic drug screenings and background checks as required by clients. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: TECHN01931
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).