Technician - Maintenance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/4/2020
END DATE 8/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAtkore International Group Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Electrical Raceway products, primarily for the non-residential construction and renovation markets, and Mechanical Products & Solutions for the construction and industrial markets. Our mission is to be the customer's first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and processes.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.9 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1.4B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $500M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 66 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 4,000 employees.
We are currently searching for a Maintenance Tech to be based out of Eugene location. Reporting to the Maintenance Lead, this person's primary focus will be to support production and quality by ensuring proper operation of equipment.
The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent. Prior success as a Maintenance Tech or equivalent position at Atkore International and experience in lean manufacturing or business system-based company is a plus.
* Ensure reliable operation of machinery by performing preventive maintenance on motors, pneumatic systems, conveyors, and specialized production machinery.
* Ability to follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications for assembly and troubleshooting.
* Locate root cause of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation and responding to adverse changes in appearance, vibration, temperature, and odor.
* Operate forklifts, hoists, cranes, hand and power tools to inspect, install, and repair equipment.
* Control downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques.
* Capable of fine detail adjustments using calipers and dial indicators.
* Utilize maintenance resources efficiently to minimize waste.
* Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
* All other duties as assigned
* Minimum educational requirement is high school diploma, or equivalent
* Must supply own hand tools and tool box.
* Strong mechanical aptitude
* Experience with installation and repair of machinery.
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
* Good understanding of basic math required for quick and accurate calculations
* Attention to detail, accuracy, time management, and organization
* Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment, comfortable with multiple competing demands, and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events in a calm and logical manner.
* All associates must embrace and foster and environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore's culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customer's experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, that's how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to Strive for breakthrough results, Stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully Supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently Live the Atkore mission, Learn our strategic priorities and Link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that's consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)