Technologist, Clinical Laborat 5/4/2020
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview:
Seeking an entry-level Clinical Laboratory Technologist who will play an important role in our Translational Research Laboratory within the MGH Center for Integrated Diagnostics Program. This is a unique position in that it provides the opportunity to join a team with expertise in translating promising cancer research findings in ways that can directly expand and improve cancer patient treatment in a hospital setting. In this position, focus will be placed on the development of next-generation biomarker testing platforms that can identify molecular drivers of cancer, as well as the interactions between cancer and immune cells within the larger tumor microenvironment. These newly evolving technologies will be directly utilized in clinical research studies to identify novel cancer mechanisms that can predict drug response and acquired drug resistance. The most promising findings will be integrated into clinical testing approaches used to direct patients to the most promising investigational drugs being evaluated in clinical trials based on their molecular tumor fingerprint.
* Perform established genetic, molecular and histochemical testing on patient samples per developed guidelines.
* Assist in the maintenance of the laboratory infrastructure to comply with good laboratory practices and to maintain laboratory certification.
* Incorporate automation into testing procedures.
* Participate in collaborations with industry and leading oncologists to help develop and implement new cancer biomarker assays in support of novel translational research projects and clinical trial studies.
* Participate in the development and implementation of next generation of biomarker testing platforms, including next generation sequencing, RNA expression profiling, multiplexed immunofluorescence, and multispectral image analysis.
* Other duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree in a related life science.
* Some relevant molecular, histological, or cellular biology experience in a research laboratory is a fundamental requirement. No candidate will be considered without such experience.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work with a diversity of research and clinical personnel
* Great attention to detail to provide high quality clinical testing support.
* A successful candidate will be eager to learn and have the motivation to successfully contribute to development efforts.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.