Technology and Capabilities SME 9/2/2020
Integration Innovation, Inc. (I3)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TECHNOLOGY AND CAPABILITIES SME
Job Locations US-VA-Arlington
Top Secret Required
Location : Location
i3 is seeking a Technology and Capabilities Subject Matter Expert (SME) to support Mission Engineering Analysis and Integration activities. This position will support programs in the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research & Engineering (OUSD(R&E)) in Arlington, VA.
Experience and expertise in cutting edge technologies and application of technologies into new and innovative warfighting capabilities. In-depth technical knowledge and experience with existing and future advanced DoD weapon systems and their capabilities, concept of operations, limitations, and upgrade capacities. Areas of expertise in system capabilities, performance, and operation. Apply mission engineering, analysis, and integration expertise to produce analytic justifications to inform investments decisions in future technologies. These analytical products will inform the Planning, Programming, and Budgeting Execution (PPBE) process; aid in the prioritization of requirements within Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS); and facilitate the delivery of modernized capabilities to support future Joint Warfighting Concepts.
* Applying experience and expertise in cutting edge technologies and application of technologies into new and innovative warfighting capabilities
* Applying in-depth technical knowledge and experience with existing and future advanced DoD weapon systems and their capabilities, concept of operations, limitations, and upgrade capacities
* Supporting the development of joint concepts of operations/concepts of employment (CONOPs / CONEMPS) by participating in Wargaming, Tabletop Exercises, and workshops; assisting with scenario development and technology/capability content; and attending exercises to inform plans and strategies that will inform mission engineering analysis
* Supporting the integration of mission engineering activities across a range of OUSD(R&E), Joint Staff, DoD, Industry, and Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) stakeholders
* Supporting the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) by reviewing Capability Based Assessments & capability requirement documents, participating in Joint Staff working groups, and preparing OUSD(R&E) principals for data driven decision meetings
* Supporting the OUSD(R&E) Modernization Assistant Directors to help develop their technology roadmaps to fill warfighter capability gaps
* Conducting mission engineering and analysis studies to evaluate the efficacy of legacy architectures and new technologies in new mission concepts of employment to meet evolving joint mission objectives
* Supporting OUSD(R&E) industry engagements and conferences / symposium to discuss mission engineering
* Minimum of a Master of Science degree in physics or engineering. A PhD degree in same is desirable.
* Minimum of twenty (20) years of DoD experience in engineering
* Top Secret (SCI Eligible) security clearance
* DoD system capabilities, performance, and/or operations that involve knowledge of: land, sea, air, and space platforms; offensive, defensive, kinetic and directed energy weapons; sensors for ISR and fire control; cyberwarfare; communication networks; electromagnetic spectrum management to include EW and 5G; application of automation; command, control, and battle management; and/or fires close air support, long range fires, targeting, air and missile defense
* Serving as SME for industry, major defense acquisition programs, or FFRDC
* Developing system solutions to complex and challenging DoD problems
* Leading the planning and execution of complex mission and systems analysis efforts
* Experience in leading Systems Engineering (SE) tasks that include Technology Analysis and Assessment, System Definition, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture development and architecture products for Systems of Systems (SoS), kill chain analysis, SE trade-space and analysis to define capability gaps, Modeling and Simulation activities for mission improvement, and/or Logistics support of Department of Defense (DoD) systems
* Interfacing with Joint Staff, Services, and/or warfighters to coordinate engineering and analysis needs and analytic results is highly desired
* Supporting technical, managerial or operational fields and have expert credentials or be recognized as an authority and have the mature judgement required to advise senior government personnel
* Applying critical thinking to prepare written reports and presentations for senior-level officials. Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and writing) skills
* U.S. Citizenship
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
i3 is an AAP/EEO/VEVRRA equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the i3 Career page as a result of your disability.
You can request reasonable accommodations by calling (256) 513-5179 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Thanks for your interest in i3. i3 is a drug-free workplace. The unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession, or use of a controlled substance is prohibited. All candidates who receive conditional offers of employment are subject to drug testing. Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS