Telecommunications Network Engineer - Basic (UT, Hill AFB) 6/4/2020
Sawdey Solution Services
Hill Afb, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORK ENGINEER - BASIC
The Telecommunications Network Engineer analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless services.
Additional Responsibilities Include, but are not Limited To:
* Network Upgrade Design, Implement, Support, and Sustain.
* Develops designs and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion.
* Analyzes the problem and the characteristics of the information to be transported.
* Defines the problem and develops system requirements and network specifications.
* Closely coordinates with other information system professionals to ensure proper implementation of network services.
* In conjunction with functional users, develops alternative solutions and backup plans.
* Identify high level design requirements for the backbone to include redundancy, maintainability and disaster recovery requirements. Assist in the development of Concept of Operations (CONOPS), disaster recovery, and contingency operations plans.
* Identify the detailed design requirements for the backbone to include server locations, user locations, projected traffic flows between devices, layer three devices and layer four protocols (Transmission Control Protocol).
* Design, implement, and sustain solutions to include the following:
* Overall topology (switch interconnection locations, Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) scenarios, etc.).
* Layer two design: spanning tree, trunking, speeds.
* Operational Information: node addressing, server addressing (if changes are required).
* QoS (Quality of Service)
* Switchport level access controls and notification.
* Streaming video IP protocols.
* Wireless LAN.
* IPv6 assessment and integration plan.
* 802.1x protocols and appliances
* DNS/DHCP appliances
* Wireless Intrusion Detection (WIDS)
* Develop and perform testing requirements (critical items that need to be tested) to include:
* Operating systems
* Develop and implement Fail-over solutions.
* Troubleshoot and support existing production networking infrastructure (Cisco routers and switches) as well as newly installed technologies. On-call duty will be required.
* Creation of lab environment for scenario simulation, testing and training.
* Knowledge transfer to the NTS-LAN government employee staff and/ or contract personnel supporting the current contract.
* Define, document and implement a plan for Network Monitoring and Fault Detection.
* Support network monitoring tools not limited to but including Hewlett Packard Enterprise Openview, Network Automation, Network Node Manager i, Concord eHealth, WhatsUp Gold, Solar Winds, including commands, scripts and utilities. Perform knowledge transfer, regarding tools and methods used, to designated government staff.
* Network Monitoring and Fault Detection to include the following:
* Network management matrix (in Excel Format) explaining functions, tasks, tools used in plan.
* Outlines of procedures used to complete tasks (Word Format)
* List of training resources for using tools described in plan
* Soft copies of all customized files and scripts used to configure network monitoring tools
* All documentation stored on NTS-LAN share drive
* Maintain updated LAN objects and configurations within Network Management Servers (NMS) to include Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Network Automation (NA), Concord eHealth, HPE Network Node Manager I (NNMi), ArcSight, RedSeal, NetSight, Solarwinds/Orion
* Network Operations Support.
* Provide call-back support to DLA, Information Operations, NTS mission 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week, 365/366 days per year.
* This support includes low and high side environments.
* In addition, this support requires response to after hour emergency support pages /telephone calls.
* Follow DoD/DLA, Information Operations policies and processes for information assurance.
* Adhere to Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) practices as defined by DLA Enterprise Data Solutions.
* Remain cognizant of and responsive to Joint Task Force (JTF) - Global Network Operations (GNO) Communications Tasking Orders (CTO) and assist DLA, Information Operations with the design solution and completion of assigned tasks.
* Must have three (3) years telecommunications systems experience with at least one (1) year of local area network experience.
* Experience in telecommunications network design and management.
* Experience in analysis and design of voice networks, LAN and WAN data networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to support voice and data services.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
* Must possess DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (i.e. Sec+ CE, CCNA Security).
* Must have one Computing Environment Certification: CCSE NGX, CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, SCNA, CCSE NGX Plus NG with AI, CCMSE NG with AI, CSMSE NG with AI Plus VSX, NSA, ESE, etc.
Other Required Skills & Abilities:
* Must demonstrate the ability to work independently, or under only general direction, on requirements that are moderately complex to analyze, plan, program, and implement.
* Must have an understanding of fiber optic cable use, maintenance and fabrication for building infrastructure; and IEEE 802x networking standards.
* Must be able to effectively communicate with customer and fulfill all duties and responsibilities as listed in the contract.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite including, but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
* On-call duty will be required.
Security Clearance: IT-I or Top Secret security clearance.
US Citizenship: This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Sawdey Solution Services to staff it only with U.S. Citizens.
Req Number INF-20-00043
Location Hill AFB, UT
About the Organization Sawdey Solution Services, Inc., with an ISO 9001/ISO 14001 certified and CMMI-SVC v1.3 Level 3 appraised corporate headquarters, has built a nationwide and global footprint providing innovative cross-disciplined professional services, engineering, and cyber solutions to Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Federal Agencies, and commercial customers. Operating successfully since 2001, we are a Woman Owned/Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business.
EOE Statement Sawdey Solution Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Disabled-Veterans-41 CFR 60 1.4 and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, or veteran status.
Job Description None Specified
This position is currently accepting applications.