Telecommunications Technician 3 - Secret or Top Secret Clearance 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
WANTED: A mission-driven professional with a BICSI Level
2 Certification and an active Secret or Top Secret
Clearance to become our next Telecommunications
Technician 3 at Arnold AFB in Tullahoma, TN.
As a Telecommunications Technician 3 you will:
* Work independently or as part of a crew performing
various tasks such as pulling, terminating and
testing copper and fiber cable, installing cable
tray and various other types of cable support
* Continue growing and perfecting your skills as a
* Receive robust benefits package that includes
Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
* Be a part of an empowered accountability culture
where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in
the future success and growth of the company
A week in the life of a Telecommunications Technician 3:
* Uses hand tools, including various punch tools, test
equipment, and various power tools such as hammer
drills and saws.
* Uses various types of copper and fiber cable and
termination hardware as well as termination and
testing procedures used on a day to day basis.
* Depending on job level, has knowledge of various
cable plant configurations such as STAR, BUS and
RING and working knowledge of various cable plant
configurations use to support such networks as
ETHERNET, TOKEN-RING and FDDI.
* Has working knowledge of EIA/TIA requirements such
as distance limitations and pin configurations.
* Capable of reading blueprints and cut-sheets as well
as generating test reports and as-builts.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest
employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a
government services contractor focused on delivering
Strategic Solutions to complex national priority
programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our
employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference,
implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and
focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on
quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we
deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine,
"BEST FOR VETS" by Military Times, and TOP 10 MILITARY
FRIENDLY EMPLOYER by MilitaryFriendly.com
* Preferred Certification: BICSI Level 2 or Higher
* Education: High School Grad (AS Preferred) or
* Years of Experience: 5
* Security Clearance: Secret or Top Secret