Telephone Nurse - Central
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/2/2020
END DATE 7/11/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals - careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its "Top 100 Places to Work."
**This position trains and sits in Springfield, MO for up to 1 year before work from home is an option**
The Telephone Nurse Consultant responds to incoming calls and other media contacts to provide telephonic medical advice, consultation, referrals and assistance as authorized in accordance with standard guidelines and procedures. Independently triages calls based on the customer medical condition and care requirements based on extensive Registered Nurse training and experience. Utilizes high level skills and advanced competency in nursing judgment while accessing an integrated telephonic and computer system to provide services, conduct presentations, provide education and introduction to Mercy care standards. Coordinates services with departmental staff and other departments to provide efficient and effective healthcare services. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with Mercy's mission, values and service standards.
* Experience: Five years general nursing experience in a hospital or clinic setting including utilization of computer and familiarization with electronic health record systems. Experience with multiple software applications and screens optimal. Many have minimum of three years experience in the emergency department or pediatrics to be considered.
* Required Education: Nursing Degree from an accredited school
* License: current RN license in our state. Within six months will obtain multi-state licenses of Mercy Footprint.
* Certifications: Basic Life Support certification through the American Heart Association
* Other: Competent typing ability; pleasant telephone voice with excellent listening and communication skills; ability to remain calm in crisis situations; good problem solving and organization skills; excellent work record; working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
RN, Registered Nurse, Telephone, Telephone Nurse, Nurse On Call, Triage, Critical Care, Urgent Care, Oncology, ED, Emergency Department, Pediatrics, Springfield, Missouri
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.