This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/18/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONWE ARE HIRING
Therapist-Occupational - Rehab Services General IP 001 - PRN, Day - St Thomas West Hospital - Nashville, TN
WHY JOIN ASCENSION?
In Tennessee, Ascension s Saint Thomas Health operates nine hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities covering a 68-county area and employing more than 8,000 associates. Across the state, Saint Thomas Health provides a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient services. The clinical programs and medical facilities are continuously updated to meet both the changing needs of the community and the challenges posed by innovations in technology.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension s own group purchasing organization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As an Associate with Saint Thomas Health Svcs-TN, you will have the opportunity to evaluate and treat patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits.
* Assesses patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
* Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
* Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
* Oversees the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy 3-Technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA)