Therapist-SBIRT Program 5/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides assessment and clinical (Motivational Interviewing, individual, family/marital and trauma-informed brief therapy) services to clients ages 18 and older who score within moderate to severe ranges for dependent drug/alcohol use and/or co-occurring behavioral health disorders and are referred by the SBIRT Intervention/Outreach Specialist or contracted medical practice. Outreach to identified medical practices, including collaborating with medical practice staff and client in resource linking, training and education. This is a SAMHSA grant funded project. Reports to Clinical Supervisor/Program Manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Masters degree in counseling, social work, psychology, or human services related field. Two years professional experience in a behavioral health setting. Knowledge of substance use and co-occurring disorders and related screening/assessment tools (DAST-10, e.g.). Ability to work with interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses and SBIRT clinical team. Excellent documentation and record keeping/maintenance skills, specifically with electronic medical record software (Avatar). Must be highly motivated, self-directed and have good time management skills. Requires excellent teamwork and communication skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION: Licensed therapist with experience delivering substance abuse and co-occurring disorder treatment. Knowledge of specific assessment and psychotherapy services along with some case management experience (referral, resource linking) for adults and their families. Two years experience working with adults with substance use disorders preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: To create a culture of respect and adapt treatment in keeping with a patient s gender, race and needs. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, familiarity with evidence-based/informed treatment models, knowledge and understanding of patients with risky/dependent substance use and/or co-occurring disorders along with co-morbid medical conditions that may impact treatment outcomes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES:
Develop therapeutic rapport with clients Meet with clients as scheduled to aid in development of therapeutic relationship. Diagnostic Assessment Formulate a provisional diagnostic assessment based on information presented, identify need for risk assessment. Concurrent Documentation Completes documentation within 24 hours. Provide assessment services, individual (and possibly family) therapy to those identified with substance use issues. Treatment Planning Developing, writing, implementing, evaluating and revising overall treatment goals/objectives and plans per ongoing assessment of needs and input from the individual based on their identified strengths. Therapeutic Interventions Use of empirically based modalities to engage and manage their mental health or substance abuse diagnosis. Referrals Complete, document and follow up on referrals, including collateral contacts. Discharge/close referrals Discharge clients who successfully complete therapy services and those who fail to follow through. Other Related Duties consultation, attend staffings, work with community partners, data gathering and reporting, adherence to contractual guidelines, community outreach and education.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS: OPERATES IN A PROFESSIONAL OFFICE ENVIRONMENT AND SPENDS TIME IN AN OUTPATIENT BEHAVIORAL HEALTH OFFICE AND OCCASIONALLY, IN A MEDICAL PRACTICE (I.E. PRIMARY CARE); CAN BE EXPOSED TO VARIOUS HEALTH CONDITIONS TYPICALLY FOUND IN MEDICAL OFFICE SETTINGS. MODERATE NOISE LEVELS AS FOUND IN A BUSINESS OFFICE WITH COMPUTER & PRINTERS. THE NOISE LEVEL IN THE WORK ENVIRONMENT IS USUALLY QUIET TO MODERATE. ABILITY TO SIT, USE HANDS AND FINGERS, TALK OR HEAR, AND SMELL CONTINUALLY. ABILITY TO STAND, WALK AND REACH FREQUENTLY. ABILITY TO CLIMB OR BALANCE, STOOP, KNEEL, OR CROUCH OCCASIONALLY.
TIME TYPE:Full time
Delivering Care that Changes People's Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
* HEALTH & WELLNESS
* Medical Coverage
* Dental Coverage
* Vision Coverage
* Flexible Spending Account
* Health Savings Account
* Short Term Disability
* Long Term Disability - Company Paid
* Wellness Programs - Company Paid
* FINANCIAL WELLBEING
* Competitive Compensation Packages
* Life Insurance - Company Paid
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance - Company Paid
* 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
* Retirement and Financial Planning Services
* Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
* Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
* CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
* At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education
* Opportunities for growth and movement - We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
* Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and leaders
* Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
* WORK LIFE BALANCE
* Paid Time Off - Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
* Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
* Employee Assistance Program - assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.