This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/19/2020
END DATE 3/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany SummaryJoin our team! First American's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fourth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.comJob SummaryResponsible for establishing new escrow accounts and processing escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures. Acts as a neutral third-party between buyers and sellers during a real estate sale, managing funds and processing real estate transactions.
* Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements; clearing titles; assembling, preparing, and reviewing closing documents; disbursing funds
* Determines escrow requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions
* Obtains clear title by ordering title reports; resolving title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals
* Establishes escrow account by depositing funds; maintaining records
* Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents
* Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest
* Completes closing transaction documents by assembling documents; reviewing papers with parties; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures
* Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing and distributing final closing statements and title
* Prepares HUD by utilizing lender instructions
* Closes escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds
* Complies with regulatory requirements by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
* Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
* Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the escrow/title industry field
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
* Good client relations and organizational skills
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
* Detail-oriented and professional; able to handle confidential information
* Ability to deal with multiple types of roles such as real estate sellers, buyers, agents and brokers
* High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
* 2- 4 years related experience with 3+ years experience directly handling escrow transactions as an escrow assistant.
License or Certification
* Escrow Officer certification from the Escrow Association or completion of escrow officer training program by a title company or bank.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.