Toolmaker A, 1st Shift 5/6/2020
Schott North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY International technology group * specialty glasses and glass-ceramics * more than 130 years experience * more than 15,500 employees in 34 countries * innovative ideas for the world of tomorrow What's your next milestone*
Our Business Unit Lighting and Imaging offers challenging lighting and image transmission solutions for applications in the markets of automotive, aviation, medical devices, as well as industrial and safety engineering. With production units in Europe, North-America and the worldwide SCHOTT sales organization Lighting and Imaging is a leading supplier for fiber optic components.
* Plans, constructs, alters and repairs a wide variety of tools, dies, jigs, fixtures and gauges to very close tolerances.
* Performs development work, difficult toolroom operations and skilled fitting, timing and adjusting.
* Plans construction procedures and methods and select materials.
* Makes tool tryouts.
* Diagnoses and corrects problems in complicated dies and tools.
* Sets up and operates conventional horizontal and vertical milling machines, lathes, and surface and pedestal grinders.
* Sets up and operates standard toolroom support equipment, including drill presses, belt sanders, and sandblasters.
* Observes all safety rules and regulations.
* Complies with all company policies and procedures.
* Maintains good housekeeping.
* Performs other duties of a similar nature as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum 10 years' or more experience operating all toolroom machinery.
* Experience with CNC machine operation preferred.
* Ability to work independently using innovative methods to achieve goals.
* Effective verbal communications skills.
* Willing to work in a team environment.
* Ability to work from prints, schematics, drawings, and verbal instructions.
* Willing to support department and company policies and goal.
* Motivated and committed employees are essential to the success of our company. At SCHOTT, you will find a cooperative and dynamic work environment which encourages you to share your innovative ideas, supports your development and celebrates achieving successes with your team.
* You can expect interesting tasks and challenging projects, as well as motivated and friendly teams in fields that influence our future.
SCHOTT North America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (M/F/Vet/Disability).