Training Specialist - Mid-Level
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/3/2020
END DATE 8/3/2020
Quantum Research International Inc
Colorado Springs, CO
JOB DESCRIPTION* Colorado Springs, CO, USA
* Full Time
Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
Quantum Research International, Inc. (Quantum) is a certified DoD Contractor providing services and products to US/Allied governments and industry in the following main areas: (1) Cyber Security/Intelligence Programs Support; (2) Command, Control, Communication, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR); (3) Space Operations and Control; (4); Warfighter Support and Logistics; (5) Weapon System Analysis; (6) Acquisition Support; (7); Test and Evaluation; and (8) Audio/Visual Technology Applications. Quantum\'s Corporate Office is located in Huntsville, AL, but Quantum actively hires for positions nationwide and internationally. We pride ourselves on providing high quality support to the U.S. Government and our Nation\'s Warfighters. In addition to our corporate office, we have physical locations in Arlington VA; Hampton Roads, VA; Bel Air MD; Colorado Springs, CO; and Shalimar, FL.
Quantum Research is currently seeking a Senior Level Training Specialist to provide instruction in support of the Joint Ballistic Missile Defense Training and Education Center (JBTEC) located at Peterson AFB, CO.
* Support curriculum development, curriculum maintenance, and the initial and sustainment training of JBTEC training specialists. Will train individuals and teams, often in a field environment, on all individual, common, and implied tasks. Prepares training documents and services that are required to support classroom or equipment training. Draws input from Test Engineers, Systems Analysts, Training Specialists, Logisticians, and the Government. Shall have an understanding of DoD Training and Doctrine policies and issues. Maintains contact with appropriate service training and doctrine commands and agencies to ensure training meets customer needs.
* Required to support unit training and participate in Warfighter exercises, wargames, future concepts, capabilities, and programs. Shall plan, lead, and execute Mobile Training Team responsibilities for out of area training, and train courseware in the same manner as the resident courses. Shall be required to modify courseware and/or may be required to design additional courseware to support stakeholder requirements.
* Develop and instruct Orientation, Basic User, and Advanced International Simulation (ISim) ballistic missile defense system courses.
* Plan, organize, and teach in a manner consistent with government and JBTEC standards.
* Promote and direct successful student learning by preparing classrooms, and support materials and creating an atmosphere that encourages student involvement and participation.
* Communicate effectively in both oral and written forms with students, government personnel and fellow JBTEC personnel.
* Serve on and contribute to a variety of matrixed course development and project teams. When assigned, serve as a Course Manager and or Focused Area Manager developing and maintaining appropriate courseware.
* Participate in quarterly instructor training to include providing enrichment briefings to other instructors.
* Maintain certification and currency in all assigned training including but not limited to: cyber security and network usage, restricted area escort procedures, anti-terrorist and insider threat awareness. Harmoniously and effectively work with military and civilian students and personnel from all services and DOD organizations as well as other governmental agencies and appropriately cleared, designated foreign students.
* Must be willing and able to travel approximately 30% of the time
* Shall have a minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated instructing experience and/or operational experience that is applicable to
* Mid-Level Training Specialists will be required to be qualified through the JBTEC Instructor Training Program within six (6) months
from start of performance. Training Specialists failing to obtain required qualification may result in a negative task order
* Experience in the fields of training, missile defense, and courseware development: ten (10) years plus strongly preferred
* Must be experienced in instructional development and delivery to ensure trained and ready missile defense forces in service to the
warfighter and the nation through superior training on all elements of comprehensive Missile Defense (MD) and how they support
real world operations. Must be experienced in the ADDIE process that supports institutional training, structured self-development
and distributed learning.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and SharePoint
Applicant will be subject to US government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain/maintain a TS
with SCI eligibility **Must be a US citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation**
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.