Transfer Station Driver-612
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/15/2020
END DATE 1/24/2020
Waste Pro, USA
Baton Rouge, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAble to operate a front-end loader and other heavy equipment.
Responsible for the inspection of incoming waste and the placement and management of that waste on the site as well as moving and spreading waste and earth. The efficient and safe operation of the site. Drives heavy equipment frequently, manual transmission, exposure to vibration, gets in and out of equipment multiple times per day. Works in a variety of environment conditions, including wide temperature and weather variations including heat, cold, snow, rain, wind; noise and vibrations, fumes, odors and dust.
Must have experience driving a Tractor Trailer, must have a CDL Class A with Air Brake endorsement.
1. At least 1 year of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL within the past 7 (seven) years
2. Must be at least 21 years of age or older
3. Must have experience driving a Tractor Trailer, must have a CDL Class A with Air Brake endorsement
4. Understand refuse collection policies, procedures, guidelines and practices; understanding of Department of Transportation and State requirements for operators of commercial motor vehicles.
5. Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction
6. See in the normal visual range with or without correction
7. Exhibit normal range of body motion
8. Drive a front-end, side, rear-end, or roll off loading refuse truck, including right-hand driver's position on certain equipment, observing legal and defensive driving practices.
9. Manipulate heavy equipment control levers
10. Follow a designated refuse collection route or work schedule;
11. Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
12. Maintain written records and service responses.
13. Must be able to speak and read English well enough to communicate with customers, co-workers, dispatch and super visors, understand highway and traffic signals, and be able to make legible entries on paperwork.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Physically able to push or pull independently (unassisted) 50 pounds between 800 and 1000 times a day
2. Physically able to lift independently (unassisted) 50 pounds from the ground to waist height between 800 and 1000 times a day
3. Physically able to get up and down from the cab of a commercial motor vehicle between 800 and 1000 times a day
4. Physically able to bend at the waist and knees between 800 and 1000 times a day
5. Physically able to work 8 to 12 hours in extreme weather conditions? (heat, cold, rain and snow
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.