This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/18/2020
Penguin Random House
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Transportation Department is seeking a Transportation Specialist to join their team.
Job Responsibilities: * Daily involvement in transportation operations supporting multiple high-volume Distribution Centers. Duties to include, but not limited to the following:
* Coordination of inbound and outbound transportation for Westminster, MD and Crawfordsville, IN facilities via truckload, LTL, small package and airfreight carriers Coordination of drop shipments from all US bindery locations (including galley distribution) directly to customers Pool distribution from locations throughout the United States Monitor Carrier performance relative to on time pickup and delivery Lead shipment discrepancy investigation / freight claim coordination with carriers Maintenance of new release schedules as necessary Research of freight payment issues to ensure timely payment of carrier invoices Maintenance of routing tables in the warehouse management system User support for warehouse management and transportation management systems as needed
* Primary point of operational contact for interdepartmental inquiries
* Performance of other duties as required
Qualifications/skills required: * Strong work ethic and initiative
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong customer service orientation
* Prior carrier or broker experience helpful, but not required
* Knowledge of spreadsheet, database and word processing applications
* Familiarity with warehouse operations helpful, but not required
* Excellent follow-up skills
* Excellent problem solving skills
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.