This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/12/2019
END DATE 11/25/2019
Essity Professional Hygiene
JOB DESCRIPTIONTRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR
The Essity Global Distribution and Transport team is currently seeking a Transportation Supervisor (Transport Lead SmartHub). This role will be based in our Service Excellence Center in Neenah, WI.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The key purpose of the role is to organize and manage transport planning, meeting service level agreements and main KPIs. The role supervises a team of transportation planners, overseeing the day-to-day execution of load planning for North American manufacturing sites. Ensuring planning best practices are achieved to deliver efficient, reliable, cost effective, transportation solutions for Essity customers and stakeholders.
* Geographical scope: North America (US/CA);
* Business diversity and complexity: 100+ carriers, all surface modes of transportation;
* Total employment responsibility: planning-team: 6 people.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Coordinate Smart Hub Transport Planner resources and workloads including an effective backup coverage plan;
* Lead Smart Hub for transport planning and execution to deliver service level agreement;
* Responsible for Smart Hub performance and results;
* Proactively advise management about improvements on transport planning scope for the region, i.e. exclusion of lanes or carriers, simulation of new scenarios, optimization projects;
* Manage relationship with different stakeholders, Customer Service, Factory Logistics, Transportation Management, Raw Material (Fiber) Sourcing, Smart Hub Manager, etc.;
* Serve as a single point of contact for any critical issues and escalate if required;
* Create a seamless and satisfying internal and external customer experience for all interactions with the Smart Hub;
* Review key reports to identify and act on performance trends.
WHO YOU ARE
* 3-4 years experience in Transport Planning and Execution, and Managed Service management;
* Bachelor's degree in related field preferred but not required:
* Proficient in English. Other languages will be a plus;
* Deep Professional Transportation knowledge and Supply Chain Management skills;
* Strong analytical and business oriented;
* Negotiation and interpersonal skills, for people management and workforce organization;
* Ability to manage and meet deadlines and multi-task daily activities;
* Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
* Expert in office tools. Knowledge of software as SAP or TMS will be a plus.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
At Essity, we believe every career is as unique as the individual and empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose.
Collaborative and caring Work Environment | Empowerment | Job Impact | Work with a Powerful Purpose | Individual Learning and Development | Health & Safety | Social Responsibility | Innovation
Essity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. EEO Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled.
TOGETHER, WE ARE IMPROVING LIVES, EVERY DAY.
Working at Essity is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world a healthier, more hygienic and safer place. With impactful innovations coupled with sustainable solutions, we strive to reach more people every year with the necessary and essential solutions for well-being.