JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location:
Patient Transport, 1 CLARA MAASS DRIVE, BELLEVILLE, NJ 07109
Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and 2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced wound care, sleep disorders, bariatrics, orthopedics cardiac services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby, Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area and a recently expanded Emergency Department.
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by The Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical Center has received Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and is listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned a designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
We are currently looking for Patient Transporters (Per Diem) to provide the highest level of safety, courtesy, and timely movement of patients - from one patient care area to another, within the Clara Maass Medical Center. This includes the cooperative effort with nursing personnel to physically move the patient between the bed and mode of transportation (i.e. wheelchair, stretcher, etc.). The Team Leader and Patient Transport staff will provide training. Safety is our number one priority, so we consider this one of many responsibilities to be important. You will also be accountable for the following duties:
* Greet patients and other visitors in a polite and friendly manner. Transport patients using wheelchairs and stretchers.
* Checks two forms of patient identification prior to transporting.
* Ensure the comfort of the patient while transporting for both the Radiology departments.
* Engage patient in conversation during the transport to make patient feel more at ease.
* Maintain patient privacy when transporting at all times.
* Complete an In-Patient transport within 20 minutes - Leave to Return TAT.
* Communicate any delays back to department; request new assignment if necessary.
* Assists nursing staff with removing patient from bed when necessary.
* In times of high activity, helps in any other area as needed.
* Makes equipment rounds and transports equipment back to central supply, PACU or any other area of the hospital as directed.
* Picks up medications from pharmacy as directed and brings to appropriate floor, when requested.
* Other duties as assigned
* Knowledgeable of the usual terminology of tests ordered.
* Have impeccable Attendance/Punctuality will consistently be at work on time for your shift.
* Dependable, follow instructions, and responds to management direction.
* Ask for and offers help when needed.
* Possess a high aptitude to learn.
* Have high standards, and monitor your own work to ensure quality.
* High School graduate or equivalent education (GED) required.
* One (1) year of experience as a Customer Service representative preferred.
* The ability to support and push patients of various body conditions (weights ranging from 100 lbs. to 300+ lbs.).
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Experience in patient transport, medical experience and patient contact (preferred); Able to work with the paging system.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer