Truck Driver | Houston
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 4/20/2019
END DATE 2/18/2020
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description:
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., one of the largest metals distributors in the US, is currently seeking a Truck Driver to join our team in Houston, TX. The successful candidate will report to the Operations Manager. At Ryerson, we appreciate the value and significance of family and spending time at home. That is why our Drivers only make local deliveries and are home every night.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Safe and effective operation of company flatbed truck
* Pre/post trip inspections as required by DOT
* Maintain truck and trailer safety as outlined by the FMCSA
* Efficient operation of company provided Electronic Log
* Customer deliveries as instructed by management
* Vendor pickups
* Solid communication and customer service skills are a must
* Other job-related duties as required including company provided forklift operation
* HS Diploma or GED required
* Unexpired Class A CDL truck driver s license
* Valid FMCSA medical card
* 1-3 years flatbed truck driving experience
* Experience making customer deliveries and pick-ups
* Must have clean driving record
* Industrial warehouse experience preferred
* Industrial lift-truck operation preferred
We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer