This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/19/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONTRUCK DRIVER
Coopersville, MI based construction company seeks a full time CDL-A driver for Over The Road trucking work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Maintain a log book to record miles covered and hours travelled and ensure that all necessary documentation with respect to freight is filled and submitted.
* record damages and shortages incurred.
* Observe and comply with all traffic regulations federal, state and local
* Inspect assigned vehicle regularly to identify and repair minor faults, and to report major mechanical breakdown to a skilled mechanic
* Assist in the loading and unloading of goods or equipment to be transported
* Communicate with the dispatcher, supervisor, or clients using wireless devices or on-board computer systems
* Ensure safe transportation and delivery of freight to designated locations
* Ensure that assigned vehicle is always neat and tidy
* carry out other regular upkeep like inflating the tires, refueling, changing oil and water, and tightening nuts and bolts
* Report any delay that may affect the timely delivery of freight to the dispatcher and client
* Report any accident incurred during transporting the freight to the driver manager immediately
* Report any damage of freight incurred during transportation to the supervisor or dispatcher
* Pay tolls and other necessary vehicle levies.
PREFERRED ABILITIES: * Flexible time schedule. Occasional short notice ability.
* Experience in general labor
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: * CDL-A holder, with clear record.
* Clean background/drug screens
* Basic computer skills required (Word, Excel)
* Ability to excel in a fun, but fast-paced yet accurate environment.
Job Type: Full-time. Pay is per mile (drivers average between 50 and 54 cents per mile) Healthcare through Blue Cross, dental, vision, 401k with match, disability insurance, etc.
Powered by JazzHR