This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2020
END DATE 9/19/2020
Southern Industrial Constructors
JOB DESCRIPTIONTruck Driver
Southern Industrial Constructors is seeking... CDL Class A Driver Experience in hauling heavy equipment Landoll, Lowboy and drop trailer experience.
Good clean driving record and local to Greensboro, NC
Daily work schedule hauling crane parts and accessories as well as helping to assemble and dismantle cranes.
* Responsible for loading/unloading of trucks
* Responsible for properly securing loads
* Perform daily inspections of truck/trailer
* Reports any mechanical or safety issues with truck/trailer/equipment
* Inspect equipment/machines to be hauled
* Keep up with "log books" and comply with Hours of Service and all other DOT requirements for CDL drivers
* Operate various non-CDL equipment
* Select cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
* Give directions to Crane Operator engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and material handled, using hand signals, loudspeaker, or telephone.
* Coordinate the movement of equipment and materials according to visual signals and directions.
* Detect, recognize, and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
* Regular attendance is required.
* Minimal travel may be required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, warehouses, and undeveloped properties, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property, buildings, structures, wharves, rooftops and other elevated positions, as well as, confined spaces. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working in confined spaces with limited access, on ladders, in personnel lifts, in workboats, and working in awkward body positions.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled