Truck Technician II 6/3/2020
Western States Equipment Co
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Troubleshoots and tests various engine and truck systems at an intermediate level; compares test results to specifications and determines if the system is working as designed with limited Technician III or IV assistance.
* Assists in repairs, diagnoses machine failures and performs repairs according to TRG standards.
* Develops mindset for technician productivity and adheres to productivity goals.
* Performs basic maintenance and repair tasks independently when scheduled for required preventative maintenance work.
* Uses service manuals, STW, SIS and parts books effectively to address technical issues. Performs all required tasks in accordance with printed procedures.
* Learns parts reusability guidelines.
* Uses parts books and SIS increasingly and orders parts required to complete repairs.
* Writes and reads complete, factual service reports for files and warranty purposes using STW for timely work order closing.
* Handles all customer inquiries in a prompt and friendly manner.
* Develops skill sets to meet customer expectations and handles all customer inquiries in a prompt and friendly manner.
* Adheres to all customer care standards.
* Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adhere to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
* May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States' strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
* Work within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Understands at basic level and increases specialization in CAT engines, chasses, A/C systems, Electrical systems, etc.
* Basic computer/typing skills.
* Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record; CDL preferred.
* Working knowledge of SIS and STW
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
* Consistent attendance and timeliness.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
* Associates degree in diesel technology or trade school diploma or equivalent experience required.
* Two to four years minimum experience in diagnosis, repair, disassembly, and assembly of On-highway Trucks and Engines.
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with walking, sitting, repetitive climbing stairs, reaching (including but not limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures and environment.
* Exposure to high noise level.
* Exposure to fumes.
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs in accordance with Western States' Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)