Turbine Controls Engineer--Longmont CO
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2020
END DATE 9/19/2020
Baker Hughes Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONROLE SUMMARY:
As a Turbine Controls Engineer you will develop experience-based customer relationships, lead engineered solutions to provide customer value and ROI that exceed that of our competition. You will develop a solid knowledge and experience with electrical and mechanical control systems for turbines and balance of plant equipment. You will provide feedback to product developers and designers to improve the quality and effectiveness of our products. You will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced senior engineers to develop and implement custom solutions that supply the world with energy. This is a great opportunity at a company that values and is recognized for technical expertise.
* Provide engineering support for retrofit control
systems for turbines, under the overall management responsibility of the
project manager. * Accountable for project deliverables, customer CTQ compliance, and on-time schedule performance
* Apply electrical and mechanical engineering principles to analyze, propose, design, test, and troubleshoot turbine control systems
* Review contract documentation and customer specifications for technical impact
* Design systems for interface to existing turbine control equipment, and evaluate all system components, requirements, and interactions
* Responsible to coordinate and lead technical design reviews of projects and to update and archive all required documentation
* Apply knowledge of industry practices and international standards to produce high-quality and cost-effective designs
* Support customer meetings, factory acceptance testing, and installation and commissioning of control systems
* Frequently interact with customers and suppliers
* Support streamlining of engineering processes and business growth
* Demonstrated expertise in technical problem resolution, especially in regards to power plant operation
* Bachelor s Degree in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) from an accredited college or university
* Minimum 5 years of experience with aero-derivative turbine controls (i.e. LM2500. LM6000, etc
* Travel up to 25% of the time, as required
Familiarity with turbines or control systems
Ability to serve dual roles as Controls Engineer and / or Project Engineer as needed
Experience in interfacing with all levels of BH internal and external customers (BH employees only)Power plant, refinery, or other related experience
BWR or PWR nuclear power plant experience
Knowledge and experience with electrical and mechanical control systems for steam turbines
Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a matrix management environment
Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving ability and adept at communicating with several levels of the
Strong influence, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
Strong process discipline with sound analytical and statistical skills
Strong customer service mind-set
Green Belt certified (BH employees only)
Proficient in the use of PC software applications
Strong customer service mind-set
Good oral and written communication skillsMotivated, self-starter, results-oriented
Proven team player with solid cooperation and flexibility traits
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.About Us: With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Join Us:Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.