Ultrasound Technician 5/2/2020
Hackensack Meridian Health
North Bergen, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Performs a variety of examinations in preparing patients diagnostic information for evaluation and treatment by attending physicians.
1. Schedules patients and makes preparation needed for each case, to include an explanation to patient and procedures to be performed with a minimum accuracy rate of 90%. Communicates clearly and tactfully with patients.
2. Obtains medical history from patient through patient interviews with a minimum accuracy rate of 99%.
3. Completes discussion of scan information with physician and relates observations with a minimum accuracy of 99%.
4. Prepares and positions patients correct, for procedure and operates sonographic equipment with an accuracy rate of 99%. Communicates clearly and tactfully with patients. Regularly updates knowledge of techniques and regulations appropriate to the ages of patients served.
5. Identifies equipment malfunctions, makes simple adjustments and/or calls for repair and notifies supervisor.
6. Participates in the instruction and student technologists, and familiarizes them with the equipment and procedures.
7. Monitors inventory level and ultrasound supplies and notifies supervisor of replacement needs.
8. Rotates on all shifts if needs for department coverage during holidays and vacation periods.
9. Regularly performs duties on an on-call basis.
10. Responsible for maintaining a productivity level within 20% of the FTE monthly average for that modality, which is publicly posted. Exception: Low-volume shifts (nights).
11. Ensures delivery of excellent customer service resulting in positive and improving patient satisfaction scores for department and Medical
12. Performs record keeping functions with a minimum accuracy rate of 95%.
13. Transports patients to floor and/or other designated area as needed.
14. Designates appropriate changes as needed.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduate from an accredited school of ultrasonography. Board certified or eligible in most areas.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.