Undergraduate Intern Sales - University of Texas - Austin
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/6/2019
END DATE 12/10/2019
Altria Grp Distr Co
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Altria Group Distribution Company is currently seeking Undergraduate Students to join our Field Sales Force in our 10-12 wk. Summer Internship Program. As a Sales Intern with Altria, you ll have the opportunity to help shape the future and influence our industry in our ever-changing landscape. During our dynamic internship program, you ll experience on-the-job training, access to a diverse group of mentors, planned social and community service events with other Altria interns and professional development opportunities. Undergraduate Interns will be challenged and empowered to participate in the following:
(** Note: Internships are in various locations throughout the U.S)
* Work directly with a Territory Sales Manager to grow leadership capability through comprehensive training and high impact experiences
* Consult and market programs and initiatives in an assigned market to our customers designed to drive business performance
* Develop innovative ways to maximize business performance though data analysis, product placement and strategic planning
* Engage in a team environment and develop client relationships
* Develop & present to senior management a real business project that requires creativity, data analytics & field research
* Ability to communicate effectively to influence others
* Utilize analytical skills to identify and address business opportunities
* Ability to consistently provide innovative & creative solutions to business challenges
* Strong commitment to individual growth and leadership development
* Utilize time and resources to maintain effectiveness
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your leadership skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package, including the following:
* Competitive Hourly Pay
* Mileage reimbursement
* Paid Company Holidays
* Summer Housing allowance (Where applicable)
* Business laptop
* Professional development opportunities
* Opportunity for a paid Ambassadorship and full-time job offer upon completion of the Summer Internship Program
Are you interested in a summer internship at a Fortune 200 Company? At Altria Group Distribution Company, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. Altria is committed to providing an inclusive culture where unique perspectives are valued, encouraging creativity to achieve innovative solutions and build Leadership capabilities.
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States. Altria Group holds diversified positions across tobacco, alcohol, and cannabis. Our tobacco companies include some of the most enduring names in American business: Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton, and Nat Sherman. And we have 35 percent ownership of JUUL Labs, Inc., the nation s leading e-vapor company. We complement our total tobacco business with our ownership of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates and our significant equity investment in Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's largest brewer. Altria s mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our future employees by providing them with opportunities for training and development.
We are seeking undergraduate students in an accredited college/university, preferably, but not limited to the status of a rising senior at the time of the internship. Because driving is required for the position, you must have a valid U.S. driver license in good standing for the last 3 years and access to a vehicle. Any DUI/DWI conviction in the last 3 years will be an immediate disqualifier for the position. You must be eligible to work full time within the United States without sponsorship. Sales Undergraduate Interns must be able to lift, push, pull, reach, conduct overhead work and carry bags and boxes as part of the sales activities (up to 10 pounds on a frequent basis; up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis; possibly up to 50 pounds on a seldom basis).
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.
Altria Group Distribution Co is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.