Underground Distribution Foreman
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/1/2020
END DATE 3/31/2020
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONGreat Southwestern Construction, a subsidiary of MYR Group, is looking for qualified Underground Distribution Foreman to fill current and future project needs. Projects will be located throughout the surrounding region and significant travel is required.
* Provide direct supervision and technical guidance to Linemen, Groundman and Apprentices (Line Crews) performing maintenance and construction activities on underground distribution systems.
* Responsible for coordinating essential personnel on-site for the project to include crew mobilization
* Communicate and enforce all safety regulations
* Manage supplies, materials and equipment
* Assist with planning, directing and budget activities concerned with the construction of towers, foundations, lines, and other electrical material and equipment used for underground distribution projects
* Read and interpret site plans, construction drawings, and scopes of work
* Communicate directly with Superintendents, Construction Managers, Project Managers, Line Crews and other project personnel as required
* Understand and follow detailed construction schedules
* Must presently be qualified to be a Journeyman Lineman. Documentation of completion of a journeyman lineman program
* Prior experience as a Foreman, General Foreman or Superintendent highly preferred
* Must have experience with underground distribution line construction
* High School graduate or equivalent
* Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, blueprints and scopes of work
* Must be able to coordinate and collaborate with multiple personnel from the field to the office
* Must be willing to travel and work away from home
* Experience with digger derricks, bucket trucks, trenchers, and groundwork with utility crews is required
* Must be able to communicate effectively, have good teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace
* Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimum customer service
* Must be able to work additional hours
* A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times
* Possession of a valid Commercial driver's license Class A preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience
* Medical insurance
* Dental insurance
* Vision insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid vacation
* Paid holiday
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.