Underground Network Foreman 1/1/2020
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Great Southwestern Construction, a subsidiary of MYR Group, is looking for qualified Underground Network Foreman to fill current and future project needs. Projects will be located throughout Texas and the surrounding regions. Travel is required.
* Responsible for the construction and maintenance of underground distribution system.
* Constructs and maintains underground network electric distribution systems in accordance with approved safety standards and work methods: Installs, repairs and/or removes conductors, transformers, capacitors, self-contained meters, network, automatic throw-over equipment, services, and security/street lights.
* Extends and rebuilds the distribution system based on engineering drawings in accordance with Approved Construction Standards, which includes construction of large vaults. Performs troubleshooting and service restoration in emergency situations resulting from equipment or cable failure, vehicle accidents, severe weather, etc.
* Constructs and maintains underground network distribution system in accordance with approved safety standards and work methods: Performs appropriate switching to de-energize facilities and/or re-route current to allow service continuity and safe job performance. Performs substation switching for the network and automatic throw-over system. Installs and repairs all types of primary cable, risers, switch cubicles, automatic throw-over, network switches, and makes associated terminations on underground distribution systems. Installs and repairs transformers, secondary cable, risers, pedestals, underground services and self contained meters to residential, commercial and industrial customers. Locates and repairs underground faults on primary and secondary circuits.
* Utilizes equipment, materials and manpower in a safe, efficient and effective manner and maintains accurate records of work performed: Completes time sheets, Equipment Change Reports, Equipment Failure Reports, Meter Orders, and other appropriate documentation in a timely and accurate manner. Inspects, maintains, and test tools, ladders, hotsticks, and all other individually assigned equipment.
* Maintains positive relationships with contacts inside and outside the Company: Contacts customers in a courteous manner regarding service installation, repairs, interruptions, etc., and assures a positive company image is projected. Maintains positive working relationships with Company departments and staff, ensuring appropriate and timely transaction of information and services.
* Maintains and operates assigned vehicle used in performance of duties: Arranges for regular and timely servicing of vehicle. Maintains and stores vehicle in clean and proper working order. Operates radio to receive and/or transmit job related information. Operates hydraulic boom to move heavy loads, dig holes, set poles and install power anchors.
* Facilitates in safety meetings, schools and training sessions regarding safe and proper performance.
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
* High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
* Minimum of Five (5) years of directly related experience to include One (1) year of journey-level Cable Splicer experience.
* Experience operating construction equipment (e.g., forklift, backhoe, etc.).
* Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License with DOT certification required.
Excellent benefits including:
* Paid vacation
* Paid holidays
* Life insurance
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.gswc.us. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.