This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2019
END DATE 9/4/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY SUMMARY
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. First American Title s National Commercial Services division provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. We believe that our people are the key to the company s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com.
Provides underwriting support and expertise to company personnel, agents, and customer(s), related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies. Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines within delegated authority limits, to underwrite the issuance of title insurance and provide guidance in the performance of real estate settlement services.
* Provides underwriting support, counsel, and authorization to company personnel, agents, and customer(s), related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies.
* Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines within delegated authority limits, to underwrite the issuance of title insurance.
* Provides guidance to company personnel in the performance of real estate settlement services.
* Issues underwriting standards and guidelines in accordance with established company processes.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS/TECHNOLOGY USED
* Strong understanding of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of real estate title and settlement process.
* General knowledge of Federal and State regulations related to real estate title insurance and settlement services.
* General understanding of underwriting real estate transactions for the issuance of title insurance policies.
* Ability to collaborate and act decisively.
* Detail oriented.
* Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
* Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and timely follow up.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Requires abstract thinking and creative solutions.
* Law Degree required
* Admitted to practice in state of employment.
TYPICAL RANGE OF EXPERIENCE
* 5-7 years title underwriting experience.
* Must be familiar with real estate law.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION
* Licensed to practice law, in good standing
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers..