Universal Banker 1 9/2/2020
Westfield Insurance Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY From its humble beginnings since its founding in 2001, Westfield Bank has become one of the leading financial institutions in Northeast Ohio. With a Five-Star Superior rating from BauerFinancial, the bank provides comprehensive personal, business, and agency banking products and services.
Supported by Westfield Insurance, one of the nation s 50 largest property and casualty insurance groups, Westfield Bank has grown to manage more than $1 billion in assets. The group s motto is Sharing Knowledge. Building Trust. a message and commitment lived out each day by employees across the country.
The center of the bank s business model revolves not around profits or numbers, but through personal relationships and close contact with its customers. All Westfield companies stress the importance of hiring quality employees, as well as developing them and empowering each employee to be the best they can be, both in their work and in their life. As an employee of Westfield Bank, you will have the opportunity to not only create peace of mind for our customers, but to grow your career in one of the best workplaces in Northeast Ohio.
Universal Banker I Job Summary
* Annual Salary: $29,933 - $34,423 - $38,913
The Universal Banker I (UB I) provides superior service to all Westfield Bank customers and looks to enhance client relationships with the full adoption of the Sales and Service Excellence playbook. The UB I serves as the primary contact on all account and product inquiries and transactions from customers. Maintains a broad knowledge of Westfield Bank products and services to provide complete, accurate, and prompt solutions to resolving errors, simple inquiries, account management and cross-sell opportunities.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Provides superior customer service to Westfield Bank customers consistent with the Bank s defined policies and procedures. Services to be provided include, but are not limited to: opening and closing accounts for individual and business customers, cross-selling bank products and services, and accurately processing teller transactions, including cash and non-cash transactions, loan payments, cashier s checks, redeeming U.S. Savings Bonds, wire and ACH transfer origination.
2. Responsible for providing service to branch walk-in and drive-thru customer traffic. Answers and documents customer phone calls; provides answer(s), solves issue(s), and/or assigns to appropriate team member for follow-up/resolution within Core system s relationship management tool.
3. Strive to achieve individual sales targets; in addition, participate as a team player in meeting branch sales and customer satisfaction goals.
4. Researches account transactions on all bank products and services to answer questions, research inquiries, and provide information needed.
5. Maintains knowledge of all products and services offered, including but not limited to: Checking Accounts, Savings Accounts, Money Market Accounts, Certificates of Deposit, IRAs, Personal Online Banking, Cash Management, and credit cards.
6. Performs outbound calling efforts and participates in campaigns, utilizing COCC CRM tools to assist with service and sales including cross-selling efforts.
7. Make qualified referrals to speciality bankers in other business units.
8. Provides effective customer service to individuals, business customers, and agents including ensuring resolution of complaints and problems. Initiates action to ensure account errors, processing errors, system errors, and bank errors are corrected.
9. Performs routine account maintenance functions, including check orders, changes to account information and ordering new and replacement debit cards.
10. Actively solicits Bank products and services through cross-sell opportunities while interacting with customers. Educates customers on services provided to enable the customer to utilize self-serve options.
11. Maintains awareness, understanding and compliance with the Bank s internal policies and procedures, laws and regulations appropriate for this position.
12. Provides assistance in response to regulatory and internal/external audit requests.
13. Travels occasionally following scheduled work locations in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Minimum of 1 year of relevant banking, retail experience and/or customer service experience.
2. Experience being accurate with a focus on attention to details via previous work assignments.
3. Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills resulting in the ability to identify and recommend bank products and services to customers.
4. Experience taking initiative in previous work assignments.
5. Experience with Microsoft Windows and Office (Excel, Word) or other transferable software packages.
6. Overtime required, as necessary.
7. High School Diploma, GED or demonstrated commensurate experience.
8. Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel, as required.
* Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits, and wellness and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Bank.
To learn more about Westfield Bank and the opportunities available, please visit us at westfield-bank.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.