US Mgr, Mechanical Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/26/2019
END DATE 9/28/2019
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Core Responsibilities and Tasks
* Lead, organize, mentor and grow a team of mechanical engineers.
* Manage resources across several simultaneous projects. Set priorities based on business objectives and associated risks.
* Analyze design requirements for risk, schedule, and budget to formulate a design plan.
* Communicate effectively with all levels of management, provide regular reports capturing state of design projects.
* Ensure adherence to design control process from requirements development and design planning to design transfer and verification and validation.
* Collaborate in improving tools, methods and processes for the engineering team.
* Collaborate with manufacturing teams to ensure design take manufacturability requirement into account.
* Ensure adherence to quality and compliance processes.
* Participate in direction setting for the organization, including technology roadmaps.
* Identify and engage technical partners who will enhance our ability to design and manufacture competitive products.
* BSME plus 7 years of experience or MSME plus 5 years of experience with at least 2+ years in a management role
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with team members on both technical and business levels.
* Demonstrated experience designing devices/system from initial requirements all the way to the end manufacturing process.
* Proven track record in analyzing feasibility of design approaches through the creation of FEM simulation models, CAD models, and prototypes.
* Experience with SolidWorks and SAP required.
* Experience in a highly collaborative cross-functional team environment.
* Previous experience designing medical devices is a plus
* Demonstrated aptitude for thermal management design
* Electronics integration and packaging experience
* Consumer product design is a plus
TIME TYPE:Full time
PAY RATE TYPE:Salary
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.