UX Design Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/18/2019
END DATE 12/18/2019
Fort Washington, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Family US-PA-Fort Washington
This role will be working in our Digital Customer Experience group, partnered with a UI Design Lead, a UX Research Lead, and other key team members acting as a lead collaborator in defining, designing, and deploying innovative digital products and services across our full suite of business solutions. Applicants should have 10+ years design experience, with demonstrated work as a project or team lead, specifically in the areas of product and platform design (service design a plus) working within an Agile business environment and should have a strong portfolio demonstrating their process and outcomes for this type of work.
The UX Design Lead will be a key team leader, operating both centrally in the design team (defining global design directions, systems, and patterns) and also contributing in to 1+ larger team pods focused on building solutions in different business areas. This individual will be responsible for co-managing the end-to-end design process in concert with product owners, scrum masters, project managers, researchers, architects, engineers, analysts, and other designers. Prior experience leading at a project and/or team level and communicating with senior leadership and business stakeholders is required. This role reports to the VP of UX and Design.
* Transforming big fuzzy problems and ambiguous challenges into clear and concise design strategies
* Transforming complex systems and business processes into simple and intuitive experiences
* Working collaboratively to frame, research and analyze business and customer problems with the confidence to persuasively present and educate stakeholders on your findings
* Solving problems across web, service, and software product design spaces
* Planning and facilitating design strategy and ideation workshops
* Passion for learning about people and their motivations and behavior
* Proven experience in enterprise-scale web, software product, and service design projects
* The capacity to digest large amounts of data, distill key information, and present complex ideas clearly
* The ability to translate findings from research into actionable insights to build a product that delights users
* An open mind and are curious, considerate, positive yet assertive, and focused on strategic outcomes
* Strong communication and relationship building skills
* Be working in a lean design environment, spending as much time co-designing ideas on walls with markers and Post-Its as you will be pushing pixels, building and testing prototypes, and assisting our engineering teams in product launches
* Be both an individual contributor and a team mentor
* Have deep expertise in Sketch and responsive, modular, and scalable design system creation and management
* Have deep working knowledge in a variety of contemporary prototyping tools. e.g. Flinto, Principle, Framer, Invision, etc.
* Be adept at visualizing data and working with engineers to collaboratively build solutions
* Report into the Customer Experience leadership team (vs Marketing, IT, Product, etc.)
* 10+ years of professional experience in your discipline, or a graduate degree and 6+ years of professional experience
* Portfolio of case studies that demonstrate your methodology, design deliverables, and show measurable business value
* Examples of work grounded in insights, applicable to real-world business problems
* Mastery of user-centered design principles and practices and mastery UI design
* Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening)
* Excellent organization skills with proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and to adjust to frequent changes in project priorities
* Basic understanding of artificial intelligence and conversational UIs
* Insurance industry experience
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.